• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
So despite all the talk of snow . The match goes ahead.
A good following followed the blues but more in hope than expectation.
We must improve on Exeter or the dream is over.

Great that there's a good following there already. They must have stopped off on the way back from Exeter.

2-0! Ian Benjamin nods in from close range with an assist from Ricky Otto :thumbsup:

Smith saves 4 penalties , but Sturrock subs him in added time for the post-match handshakes.

Smith kept us in that game for as long as he could.
If Tomlin had taken that early chance things could have been so different.
Concentrate on the league now. :sad:

1 minute gone Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

from Smith long punt down field latched on to by nnnnnoooooooobbbodddddddddddddddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
( I hate these during match threads by the way in case you didn't get the irony)

Smith wins MOM with a 10 saving 4 pens and scoring the only goal after 1 minute.

Smith 10
Rest of the team 1 each as Brentford dominate from the 2nd minute but can't find the net.
Subs Freddy Eastwood 2 (just for being Freddy Eastwood) only thing he done of note was a 40 yard pass back to MOM Smith
then blew kisses to the 1400 shrimpers after being booked for time wasting.

See how I managed to combine the match thread with the match report and ratings

Cant see us winning this one, Brentford too strong
We will win the JPT and get promoted anyway

Don't normally make predictions, however, this one I see as a 4-0 defeat............that will come as no surprise to anyone who has read some of my earlier posts concerning this game. For those going 'bon courage' and wrap up warm it's going to be FREEZING!
Honestly, I just want to get this match out of the way and pray that we can assemble something that ressembles an adequate midfield for the REALLY important game on Saturday.

3-1 loss unfortunately. Hey ho, concentrate on the league and the LDV. Brentford will get smashed 19-0 in the next round so meh.

Anyone turning up late only to find Neville southall playing in goal

When he played in that Boxing Day match in 1997 that was one of only two points gained in the two months he was with us. We didn't win a match 'til Royce returned !

In fact, in 20 games played for Everton, us and Stoke from October to March that season, he wasn't on the winning side once. The epitome of "past his best".

Hurst scores from 40 yards then celebrates nose to nose with Uwe Rosler prompting a 20 man brawl in which 2 Brentford players get sent off . we win 1-0 .

i can feel it in my water...

Back