• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

Surely the third way is no way. All the money, time and energy to try and square the circle in the government, when there's not a hope in hell it will be accepted by the EU. Just more rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

Surely the third way is no way. All the money, time and energy to try and square the circle in the government, when there's not a hope in hell it will be accepted by the EU. Just more rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.
Heading for Brexit collapse. The Cabinet can't agree a set of proposals and if they ever manage to do that the chances of it being workable are low to zero. If a deal is proposed EU will reject it with good reason. Then Parliament will reject a no deal Brexit. Then an election will be called with UKIP the only party still being Leave and regretting allowing all of the recent far right faces to join as that puts off all of the moderates who may be tempted.
Big waste of time all because of Tory incompetence.

*my prediction

Instead of another general election a government of national unity should be (and I think should have already) be put in place. Brexit decision is more important for us all than party squabbling and infighting for personal gain!

Apparently the Cabinet has agreed (grudingly) to the softest of soft Brexits. What a waste of time. :Facepalm:
Lots of Leavers will be ****ing livid if it is what it seems to be. Give it a couple of days to settle though - often we are told the version they want to tell us then with the detail it starts to unravel.
From first look it does seem more Remain than Leave.

It's a pity all this nonsense wasn't sorted before Article 50 was triggered,some 18 months ago now.In any case, we'll still have to wait and see what the EU has to say about it.

Last edited:
Shambles - putting a pro Europe supporter in charge of a government charged with leaving the EU was never a sensible move. If she isn't careful she will seriously screw this whole thing up for everyone. For the good of everyone in the country, she needs to step aside.

She has presided from disaster to another - she is only there as the rest of her party are waiting for her to dig a big enough hole for her to disappear into permanently.
just as well there isn't any opposition I suppose.
the oppostion took 40% last year and have largely sat on the fence on Brexit despite being slated from both Leave and Remain for not picking them. Over the next few days and at a probable early election you will probably see that their fence sitting was very clever in the medium and long term.

Brexit - possible leaving with no deal now, very slim chance left of leaving with a deal, strong possibility of Brexit now not happening.

Suella Braverman gone now too. I really don't like her so be pleased if I never had to hear her bleating again.
Mogg said he would vote against the Chequers deal so things are getting very tight on votes - if they survive long enough for that to be an issue.

There's a rumour going around that May only got Johnson and Gove in line by threatening a public enquiry into Vote Leave.

This government is a complete and utter shambles.

Personally, I still Think Brexit will happen.However, if we leave without a deal that means we'll crash out on WTO terms and there won't be any implementation period.

As Eire's President helpfully explained last week, the UK appears to be under the delusion that it's an equal partner with the EU.It's not.The UK has a population of around 60 million people whereas the EU has around 500 million.The UK is just one country whereas the EU comprises 27 other nation states any of which can reject the Checker's deal and kill it dead as government ministers will find when they try and hawk the white paper around European capitals later this week.
the oppostion took 40% last year and have largely sat on the fence on Brexit despite being slated from both Leave and Remain for not picking them. Over the next few days and at a probable early election you will probably see that their fence sitting was very clever in the medium and long term.

Brexit - possible leaving with no deal now, very slim chance left of leaving with a deal, strong possibility of Brexit now not happening.

Well, Friday night, everything was seemingly tickety-boo............at least for the british market. Even two days now appears to be a long time in british politics!...........especially during these times. I honestly haven't the faintest idea how this is going to end but it would certainly make an excellent political thriller on TV. The only thing I can predict is that it is going to end badly. The only good outcome would be stopping the farce or impossible dream before it comes to a tragic end......and I see little hope of that happening. So either we end up with a deal that is worse than staying in the EU, or we crash out without a deal, in which case, fasten your seat belts.
May is the wrong person, in the wrong place, at the wrong time............but with the cards dealt would anyone else have done any better?

Back