• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

There ain’t half a lot of uninformed rubbish spouted as fact on this thread :nope:
To be fair to the honourable members of Shrimperzone in Parliament today we had a PM pledging to spend large sums of money between 2018 and 2023 - the bulk of which won't exist before 2023 if ever, we had a Tory MP voting against his own amendment - in fact against an amendment of his own amendment that he voted against last week, we have Tory rebels who talk about rebellion then believe the same lies they were so affronted by last week, MPs taken out of hospital to vote because the Tories have reneged on the accepted custom of them voting from their sick beds, and we still do not have a white paper explaining what we want to achieve in negotiating with the EU.

So if that is the standard that has been set, don't expect too much from our motley crew.

More gullible 'rebels' who straight after the vote are told the appeasement they were offered and accepted ain't worth ****.
All this toing and froing about what Parliament is willing to go along with is of little consequence when the Cabinet still haven't decided what they are willing to go along with - white paper sometime in July. Keep kicking that can down the road Theresa.

Yeah.I worked out last week that the so-called "Tory rebels" wouldn't go so far as to bring down May over Brexit.:sad:

Tories putting their party before the good of the country. Remember that you fancy putting a cross against their candidate in an election.

This is probably the most import piece of legislation in peace time. Anything any Labour MP has done doesn't rank in comparison to the seriousness of Brexit.

In other words they have bottled it. The perfect oppotunity to vote against it and they didn't. What was that about party before country?

That would be "Boy George" Osborne,I presume? Also known to Private Eye readers as Gideon.

I became friends with his brother Adam who was the black sheep of the family. I used to play poker with him in London. He got in all sorts of trouble and was struck off as a doctor. His nickname at the poker tables was The Doc. He had a long term secret Pakistani girlfriend called Rahala. She was a very nice person and would also play poker sometimes when The Doc put her on the table with a stack of chips. He always said to me that if her father found out that they would both probably be murdered, as she was being set up for an arranged marriage, and she shouldn't be seeing a Christian. The father died just after that tho, and Adam and Rahala went to the rest of her family to confess their love. He had to convert to being a Muslim to be able to marry her, and that's what he did. The Osbourne's are not happy about all this. He gave up gambling and all the other stuff he was in to. He was a really nice bloke. He couldn't tell me any dirt on George Osbourne tho, as he said there wasn't much to tell as George was a good boy that used to annoy him by grassing him up to his parents when Adam had done something wrong.

I became friends with his brother Adam who was the black sheep of the family. I used to play poker with him in London. He got in all sorts of trouble and was struck off as a doctor. His nickname at the poker tables was The Doc. He had a long term secret Pakistani girlfriend called Rahala. She was a very nice person and would also play poker sometimes when The Doc put her on the table with a stack of chips. He always said to me that if her father found out that they would both probably be murdered, as she was being set up for an arranged marriage, and she shouldn't be seeing a Christian. The father died just after that tho, and Adam and Rahala went to the rest of her family to confess their love. He had to convert to being a Muslim to be able to marry her, and that's what he did. The Osbourne's are not happy about all this. He gave up gambling and all the other stuff he was in to. He was a really nice bloke. He couldn't tell me any dirt on George Osbourne tho, as he said there wasn't much to tell as George was a good boy that used to annoy him by grassing him up to his parents when Adam had done something wrong.

what a pleasant chap

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ychiatrist-brother-tells-sex-family-home.html

303 voted against it. I'm betting that was the vast majority if not every single Labour MP.

Be interesting after thornberrys outburst tonight, to see where Labour go now on the votes to follow concerning customs and the single market.

303 voted against it. I'm betting that was the vast majority if not every single Labour MP.
6 Tories voted against the Government and 4 Labour Leavers voted with the Government. 2 heavily pregnant MPs and 1 MP taken from a hospital bed in a wheelchair to vote because the Government refused proxy votes for them and they believed Grieve would be backing his own amendment. A reasonable assumption you would think.

BBC: 'Airbus threatens to leave UK after Brexit after "losing patience" with Theresa May and her negotiating team'.

14K Jobs + thousands more in the supply chain.

This is the issue. Wether you are Brexit = good or Brexit = bad large companies need to know the circumstances of their trade - their supply lines, their sales markets, their access to staff. We leave early next year and the government haven't yet told the EU what they want from this process. How can we expect companies to sit around twiddling their thumbs waiting to find out what they are dealing with?

This government may pluck budgeting decisions out of the air that bear no resemblance to the plan they put to the vote but running a successful company requires long term budgeting and planning even if running a country doesn't seem to require any foresight.

he definitely wants to overturn the decision, most of his constituents would like that too.

I have no doubt whatsoever that he doesn't accept the referendum result and will do anything to thwart and frustrate Brexit.

Why doesn't he stand as an independent, along with any other MP that isn't following party lines, perhaps to self serving?

I have no doubt whatsoever that he doesn't accept the referendum result and will do anything to thwart and frustrate Brexit.

Why doesn't he stand as an independent, along with any other MP that isn't following party lines, perhaps to self serving?
because he would lose, same goes for Anna Soubry and the like - these people can all have one big policy that they prioritise but they know that without their party name on the election literature they are taking a big gamble with their jobs.

Back