• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton seafront hotels

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Nipping down to Brighton for a few days and need a hotel. Can anyone recommend one that is not The Grand (been there and thought it was pony) and preferably doesn't have Sting as a bellboy.

Any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated too.

Cheers.

Royal Albion recommended by mate who went to tattoo show

There now follows some jokes re body art.

Hilton right on the seafront is ok, they don't mind a lot of noisey blokes either so its good either way, no to dear either.

Nipping down to Brighton for a few days and need a hotel. Can anyone recommend one that is not The Grand (been there and thought it was pony) and preferably doesn't have Sting as a bellboy.

Any restaurant recommendations would be appreciated too.

Cheers.

The Blue oyster motel is great and has it's very own bar too.

Thanks for your advice. I have booked a place called Drakes which looks decent.

Drakes is really nice. We went there for our mates wife's birthday the night we won 2-0 at Bradford a few years back. Perfect venue as on the seafront but if your driving be aware it has capacity for about three cars. Really nice venue for food on the bottom floor. You can walk into town in 5 mins flat and it's almost opposite the pier.

Drakes is really nice. We went there for our mates wife's birthday the night we won 2-0 at Bradford a few years back. Perfect venue as on the seafront but if your driving be aware it has capacity for about three cars. Really nice venue for food on the bottom floor. You can walk into town in 5 mins flat and it's almost opposite the pier.

Cheers, I am booked in to eat Friday night but am looking for somewhere to eat Saturday. Any recommendations?

Is there much reasonable long stay parking near the seafront? I will need somewhere to park my mobile command unit.

The Old Ship Hotel on the King's Road (right on the seafront) was the traditional place to stay for a dirty weekend, when I taught down there for a couple of summers, back in the early 80's.
I believe they do have a carpark (it's a 4 star hotel) but sad to relate I only sampled the bar (good) on my visits there.

Cheers, I am booked in to eat Friday night but am looking for somewhere to eat Saturday. Any recommendations?

Is there much reasonable long stay parking near the seafront? I will need somewhere to park my mobile command unit.

Parking is notoriously expensive in Brighton. Last time I parked way out in residential area and hopped on train. Saves myself a fortune!

Parking is notoriously expensive in Brighton. Last time I parked way out in residential area and hopped on train. Saves myself a fortune!

Used to park at the marina (free all day), and get a bus into town, which is only a mile or so away. Only car parks i saw were the NCP one near the Wetherspoons pub, and one at the station. Meters, as you say are expensive, and like most other towns today, lots of areas are 'residents only'.

Took my sister and brother-in-law for a meal at '24 St Georges' and thought it was excellent. IIRC the bill for the four of us was just over £100, wine included. Original and inventive and whilst the portions weren't enormous, I certainly wasn't hungry at the end..........just right. A couple of warnings 1) It would be advisible to book 2) The menu we had was midweek, so you could find it more expensive on Friday or the weekend. Check out their website http://www.24stgeorges.co.uk/ Try it! I'd strongly recommend it.

Used to park at the marina (free all day), and get a bus into town, which is only a mile or so away. Only car parks i saw were the NCP one near the Wetherspoons pub, and one at the station. Meters, as you say are expensive, and like most other towns today, lots of areas are 'residents only'.
Parking in Brighton is bloody impossible or bloody expensive! I also used the Marina last summer.......bus or a nice seaside walk into town.....but allow about 3/4 of an hour! They did have a notice, limiting parking to 4 hours but I'm not sure if that was verified ......didn't see any cameras or wardens walking around.

We stayed at a hostel a few years ago for a stag do in Brighton (GRIM!!) and there was some street parking in a residential area around the back of it ... only about a 10 min stroll down to the seafront and it was very central. Will have a google.

Back