• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Brighton sniff round Blues duo.

Can we merge this with DtS thread from earlier, I know news is slow but his thread is 4 or 5 down on the same page.

As I can now see the link is on the Brighton board too I would like to give a message to any Brighton fans reading this....

**** off.....

Can't see it happening. We're thin on the ground big time, we appear not to be in the hunt for any new players and if we let either of them go then we're in the shi'ite in terms of squad size and depth. Would be madness. Reject both of the bids.

what an absolutely ridiculous thing to say, ok we haven't signed anyone yet but surely you don't believe that? RM has already stated we're looking to replace Clarke ASAP.

Sorry Dave and you may all me cynical but i reckon the guy who started the thread on the BHA site is your mate, and you've concocted the whole thing between you ...

What's my prize ??

To be honest, I think we'd be mad to turn them offers down.

Yes Granty was superb at the tail end of the season, but JFC is a holding midfielder also. Does a Club need two holding midfielders? With £300k we could go out and bring in Matt Ritchie from Pompy (left winger who was on loan at Daggers) and Lee Sawyer.

£100K for Francis would probably be good business as well. Its not quite happened for him here, and players available on frees at right back include Richard Duffy and Danny Senda and I'd take any of those two.

As I can now see the link is on the Brighton board too I would like to give a message to any Brighton fans reading this....

**** off.....

I'll echo that with a swift

middle_finger.jpg

Francis I'd like to see stay, but I won't lose any sleep over it. Grant's a player I've very high hopes for, and his contribution to our defensive record late in the season shouldn't be underestimated. His willingness to make covering runs really is excellent - not sure that we'd get the same from JFC, though he does bring other qualities to the table. We've a few repairs to make already, but our central midfield looks like a strength that we can build around so hopefully we'll tell Brighton where to go.

bless em. rubbish forum though.

Do you think so? As much as i have an in built dislike of sections of there fanbase i have always thought there's was one of the more wittier forums around. oddly, much like orients!
However, As for grant & francis, The one area where we seem to have an abundence of above average players is the centre midfield and though i would be dissapointed to see any players leave at the moment, any 1 of that bunch would be easily covered by the remainder. As for francis, he would be harder to cover for. Sankofa is not the answer and although touted as a centre back as well, does not appear to be any where near as adaptable (or tall ;).

Thought Sankofa looked more than at home at RB last season when Franno was bombed, so I dont think it would be much of a problem.

The way Francis was pushed around positions last season (alright, we were forced into playing him CB, but still) shows he has not been able to make RB his own.

For £100,000 we could go in for a decent(ish!) centre-back and have Sankofa play RB.

All we need then is someone that can cover RB/LB - anyone got Che Wilson's number?! ;)

£300,000 for Grant (a player who I really like) is a lot of money and there is ample cover for him if he went, but how much of that cash would be given to Tilly?! Chances are Ron would add it on to large amount of cash he's stashed away for the stadium and then our already depleted squad would take another loss.
As for Francis, he has too much quality for us to let him go and there's not enough of that in the squad at the moment.

If we did get £300k for Granty and then got Sawyer I think my world would be complete.

If we could keep Granty and sign Sawyer, then we have potentially the best Central midfield in this League. Just the right blend of Experience, tenacity, creativity and strength spread over Macca, Grant, JFC, Moussa and Sawyer.

Sawyer, at his age, didn't look like lasting the full 90 and with us looking like playing Moussa in a sort of Central/Winger role, that I think Sawyer could be perfect for as well, we'll need a bit of extra midfield cover.

they can have macca for 300k then we get sawyer. thats the deal.

Keep Granty unless they offer 500k+, Sell Francis for as much as we can get for him and bring in someone to give Sanks competition.

Back