• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Brighton sniff round Blues duo.

Hang on, let's see if I've got this straight. Someone wants to give us money AND take Simon Francis off us? I suggest we do the deal before they see the DVD of Northampton away.

Last edited:
Hang on, let's see if 've got this straight. Someone wants to give us money AND take Simon Francis off us? I suggest we do the deal before they see the DVD of Northampton away.

I would go for walsall away myself one of the worst performances from a single player I have seen for a few years

Francis has a pretty decent catalogue of 'Worst Performances' to fill a DVD by himself.

Great shout above BTW, get £300k for Grant and use some of the money to finance a deal for Sawyer and that is good business IMO.

I'm slightly surprised at the "offload Francis quick" attitude on here. Yeah he's been in and out at right back this season, but has nobody remembered the fact he can do a job in 3 different positions? Considering we need to sign at least 2 centre backs, that fact is even more vital.

I'm slightly surprised at the "offload Francis quick" attitude on here. Yeah he's been in and out at right back this season, but has nobody remembered the fact he can do a job in 3 different positions? Considering we need to sign at least 2 centre backs, that fact is even more vital.

So am I considering we've only got four defenders at the club.

Agree 100%. At the moment Simon is the only person we have at the club to partner Adam at the back. Considering our lack of transfer activity I can see him being in the starting line-up against Huddersfield on Aug 8th.

Agree 100%. At the moment Simon is the only person we have at the club to partner Adam at the back. Considering our lack of transfer activity I can see him being in the starting line-up against Huddersfield on Aug 8th.

just because we are doing our transfer activity in private does not mean it is not going on. I will bet you £20 right now Francis does not start as centre back against Huddersfield

Can't afford to lose Franno imo, though Grant at that price might be a good bit of business.

For reasons already mentioned, we have more than enough CMs and not enough defenders.

We have Macca, JFC, Moussa and Grant. We sell Grant, we have 3. That's not bearing in mind Moussa playing a more reserved wide role which sees him play more centrally.

So, we sell Grant, and we have our basic Midfield 3 with our only cover coming from Stuart O'Keefe.

I don't think we should sell either, but to sell Grant over Francis would be a dire mistake.

We have Macca, JFC, Moussa and Grant. We sell Grant, we have 3. That's not bearing in mind Moussa playing a more reserved wide role which sees him play more centrally.

So, we sell Grant, and we have our basic Midfield 3 with our only cover coming from Stuart O'Keefe.

I don't think we should sell either, but to sell Grant over Francis would be a dire mistake.

Dont think its a case of either/or..is it? More of a case of either/or both.

I hope they haven't heard the rumour that Steve Mildenhalls parrot has become the next casualty of swine flu.

Back