• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brighton

BoyWonder2

2024, the year of the Shrimpers 🍤 ⭐
The missus and I are off to Brighton on Thursday for the night having been last year.

Last time around, the weather was fantastic and we spent most of the day around the pier, but the weather isn't looking that clever this time around.

Has anybody on here got any suggestions as to what we can do to try and avoid the bad weather whilst we are down there. Looking at the aquarium, and no doubt the missus will want to do shopping but is there any other places we could/should have a look at?

Also, any suggestions for good Chinese restaurants and also bars for some beers/cocktails and to dance the night away in?

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I understand there is a Choccywoccydoodah cafe now, friends of mine were down there last week and they pronounced this as fantastic! DTS is probably your best man to answer.

The electric train that runs along the sea front was the first in Britain. If you like a wild place to walk, Birling Gap is just a few miles away.

Mate

The only place to eat chinese in Brighton is Gars

http://www.gars.co.uk/

Me and the chaps go in there every few months and we have our lads/wags annual bash there every year. It is not cheap but literally the best chinese ever.

If you need any other tips let me know as I live ten miles north of Brighton. As Mad Cyril said Drakes is lovely. A lot of people locally raving about meatliquor but I have never been personally.

The electric train that runs along the sea front was the first in Britain. If you like a wild place to walk, Birling Gap is just a few miles away.

Must be 20 miles away and would take the best part of an hour actually along a slow coastal road.

A lot of people locally raving about meatliquor but I have never been personally.

Assuming the Brighton one is the same as other Meatliqour locations - good burgers but not much fun if you enjoy listening to what your dinner companion is saying. Or if you like being able to read the menu.

Mate

The only place to eat chinese in Brighton is Gars

http://www.gars.co.uk/

Me and the chaps go in there every few months and we have our lads/wags annual bash there every year. It is not cheap but literally the best chinese ever.

If you need any other tips let me know as I live ten miles north of Brighton. As Mad Cyril said Drakes is lovely. A lot of people locally raving about meatliquor but I have never been personally.

Funnily enough, Gars is one I found online so thanks for that, will have to check that one out.

Any suggestions for watering holes to have a beer or three and dance the night away?

I understand there is a Choccywoccydoodah cafe now, friends of mine were down there last week and they pronounced this as fantastic! DTS is probably your best man to answer.

Had a look at that online, and will definitely try and find that.

Thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Funnily enough, Gars is one I found online so thanks for that, will have to check that one out.

Any suggestions for watering holes to have a beer or three and dance the night away?

I cannot help with clubs as I dont think any of the ones I could recommend are still standing.

Drinks wise avoid West Street. I personally would aim for the North Lanes. Loads of funky, Brighton type pubs down there.

Office is always decent - http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...-The_Office-Brighton_East_Sussex_England.html

If you want a little know tip for food try this place. http://www.pompoko.co.uk/

dirt cheap cash only. Food is amazing literally best place to eat locally. Its a bit basic so dont go there if your looking to impress but food will blow you away.

I'm down in Brighton with some mates next weekend. Those suggestions sound good. Cheers DTS

Back