• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring back Tilly.

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
I would like him to come in now and save our season.

Bonkers.

There is an argument for replacing Powell which I’m happy to hear, though don’t agree with yet.

There’s no argument for bringing in someone who hasn’t managed in the football league since relegating Lincoln in 2011.

And I ****ing love Tilly.

Like Tilly a lot and know him personally but been out of the game a long time now. I think Ron Martin will persevere with Powell for a bit longer but if a change happens I think someone like Kevin Maher as interim manager would be more likely

I don't think we were long ball merchants under ST? you not thinking of PS? Think under ST we played quite attractive football for a team made up of grafters and the odd star.

Last edited:
A nice nostalgic thought, but that's all it is. Tilly and Brush had their day and it has now past.

If Powell were to go I'd like to see someone like Steve Holland in the hot seat.

We are 4 points off league 2.

And he got us promoted to the champ.

Your next point?
We're 13th and we've played 5 of the top 6 in our last 7 matches, the other two matches were against a Bristol Rovers side that Coughlan has revitalised (they thrashed Blackpool 4-0 on Saturday) and an Accrington side that by all accounts we dominated but just couldn't finish off. We've only got 3 points from those fixtures but if you'd showed those 7 fixtures to us before they were played most fans wouldn't have expected more than 6 points off them, so it's not a massive discrepancy.

Bradford showed we're more than capable of playing against the weaker sides in the league and the Portsmouth game showed that we aren't useless, I think we'll finish lower than we currently are but we've got enough to stay up so long as Cox stays fit.

The reason Tilly did so well was he was managing his team mates. He was extremely well liked by the squad at the time. They really tried for him and wanted him to do well, even tho he wasn't a great manager. I think that's why it didn't work for him at Lincoln. They were not his mates. So I don't think it would turn out as good as you think if he came back.

Loved Tilly but he's had his time, don't doubt he could come in to assist but not as manager.

I don’t think any of our former players (with maybe the exception of Neil Harris) should be in the running to be our next manager!

I’d only take Tilly back if Brush was with him. “Staying up with Steve Tilson” just doesn’t have the same ring to it.

I don’t think any of our former players (with maybe the exception of Neil Harris) should be in the running to be our next manager!
Maybe Graham Jones Luton wanted him apparently and is highly rated but bit out of our reach I think

The reason Tilly did so well was he was managing his team mates. He was extremely well liked by the squad at the time. They really tried for him and wanted him to do well, even tho he wasn't a great manager. I think that's why it didn't work for him at Lincoln. They were not his mates. So I don't think it would turn out as good as you think if he came back.

Plus the fact we were fortunate to basically play a settled side every game, as we hardly had any injuries to players. Certainly not long term ones.

Back