• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bring Back TV

The Western Isles of Scotland, that hotbed of racial integration you mean?

If you believe what you see on Balamory then yes.

I'll start believing that it is a realistic portrayal of Scottish life when hands, feet and torsos start getting washed up on the beach.

Of course you wouldn't, and i'm not saying you should, but I just wish that kids tv would apreciate that kids aren't thick (and that they don't appreciate rubbish like teletubbies and tweenies on the tv).

I was completely aghast when I saw Teletubbies very first programme, but I think my daughter was about 2 at the time, and she and all her little baby group friends LOVED it. It's actually a very clever programme in that it encapsulates everything that is appealing to very small children. The same with Tweenies, for pre-school children of 3 or 4 it is spot on. Having worked in preschools for 7 or 8 years I can assure you that there is much to identify with for them.

It's all age relevant, and I much prefer these two to things like Lazy Town and Balamory, which is just too PC for words. I always liked Rosie and Jim and Tots TV as well from ITV. Very young kids' tv can be very good, it's a shame that parents often go and ruin it all by letting them see films like Batman or programmes like Power Rangers.

Back on topic - and I'm sure we had a thread similar to this not so long ago (Alias Smith and Jones I think I said that time), I really enjoy light entertainment so stuff like The Two Ronnies and Morecambe and Wise but with current presenters of course!

Lazytown for me is just like Roadrunner was, i wish just in one episode Robbie Rotten would get that blasted Sporticus and get to do the things he likes, Sleeping and eating cakes all day. Failing that he could just become a student

Last edited:
what is it with BBC CBeebies programming being made mostly in Scotland

Well, BBC Scotland have got to do something to justify their new multi-million pound riverfront home haven't they?

Poor James Dreyfus, his salary for S2 of Nina..... was spent on letting the girl herself* drive around in a customised Mini Cooper S!!!

* - did I mention earlier, mmmmmmm Katrina Bryan? ? ?

i am sure we are going to get a mix of toddlers speaking with an Essex/Scottish accent, not dissimilar to the TFS ;)

That's not a bad thing, I'm ensuring Little Miss Glasgow Shrimper has copious amounts of Estuary English words & pronunciations in her vocabulary!!!

ninagif.png

For those uninitiated in the world of Nina & The Neurons........

PHWOOOOAAAAARRRRRR :support:

noels house party definetly..

and if I'm going to be honest.. SMTV!

man! every single saturday that was awesome..
ant and dec.. it was so funny and entertaining!

:unsure: ...yeah im not as old as most of you lot..;)

noels house party definetly..

and if I'm going to be honest.. SMTV!

man! every single saturday that was awesome..
ant and dec.. it was so funny and entertaining!

:unsure: ...yeah im not as old as most of you lot..;)

I think you all know how I feel about SM:tv by now!

Back