• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BRISTOL CITY roll call...

biggrin.gif

Been up to watch games at Bristol City twice in the last three years whilst Dreams was still at University and both times got in as a student despite having left college 5 years previous. I'm pushing thirty and consider myself to look that age as well, but both times went into the concessions box, fumbled around my wallet for a little while, claimed to have forgotten my NUS card. They felt sorry for me on both occasions and let me in for a tenner. Works well if you're with a student, might be worth a shot for some people with youngish faces. Worst case scenario they'll say bad luck and charge you full price.

Sing your hearts out to all going - wish I could make the trip.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 26 2005,15:31)]I'll be there, but I'm leaving from sunny Bournemouth
hey wessex blue i'm leaving from sunny bournemouth too! im on my uni placement down here n going with my yeovil supporting housemate, any idea how long the drive is?

I won't be going to this one as I have a flight on Sunday.

Also put me down for a 'no' for the next 32 or so games (pending FA Cup success) as I'll be in BC. May also rebrand the posting name but don't worry, it'll still be the same great taste.

sad.gif

You lot had better not let me down with the support.

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (the_saafender @ Oct. 28 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 26 2005,15:31)]I'll be there, but I'm leaving from sunny Bournemouth
hey wessex blue i'm leaving from sunny bournemouth too! im on my uni placement down here n going with my yeovil supporting housemate, any idea how long the drive is?
your looking at a good 2hours i would expect as a minimum mate, my sister is also coming from bournemouth as she it at the uni but she is coming via yeovil to pick me up!

A bournemouth blues branch could be forming!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 28 2005,14:51)]I won't be going to this one as I have a flight on Sunday.
Thats a poor showing...

We are flying to Riga at 6.25am sunday morning, going straight to Stansted after the game and spending a quality night of enjoyment in the Airport.

Av it!
smile.gif

[b said:
[b said:
Yeah 2 hours is about right, would recommend going the Salisbury way, I always head towards Chippenham so I can join up with the M4. Going through Bath and the southern approaches to Bristol is a bit of a nightmare.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Yeovil_Shrimper @ Oct. 28 2005,15:06)]
[b said:
[b said:
your looking at a good 2hours i would expect as a minimum mate, my sister is also coming from bournemouth as she it at the uni but she is coming via yeovil to pick me up!

Wessex Blues would be better, then we can have a western shrimpers branch stretching from Southampton in the East to Somerset in the West.

There's plenty of us dotted around Hants, Dorset, Wilts & Somerset

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimp_on_the_wing2003 @ Oct. 28 2005,16:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Oct. 28 2005,14:51)]I won't be going to this one as I have a flight on Sunday.
Thats a poor showing...

We are flying to Riga at 6.25am sunday morning, going straight to Stansted after the game and spending a quality night of enjoyment in the Airport.

Av it!
smile.gif
I feel that as I'll have half by body weight's worth of stuff and have a ten hour flight ahead, not to mention only arriving there at 1, it would probably kill me.

Actual death..

ghostface.gif

(seem to be using that smiley a lot at the moment)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,17:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Wessex Blues would be better, then we can have a western shrimpers branch stretching from Southampton in the East to Somerset in the West.

And Gloucester, me and Spike are from there.

And we'll be going to City, can't wait to see the look on the City fan at collge's face on Monday...

Sounds good to me, do we have the nucleus of a Wessex Blues supporters club? If so I'll change my username to Bournemouth Blue?

We've got Hants, Dorset, Wilts, Somerset & Gloucs shrimpers, any Devon Blues want to join the bandwagon?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,20:03)]Sounds good to me, do we have the nucleus of a Wessex Blues supporters club? If so I'll change my username to Bournemouth Blue?

We've got Hants, Dorset, Wilts, Somerset & Gloucs shrimpers, any Devon Blues want to join the bandwagon?
we could form the "South West Shrimpers Association" at this rate!
wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,17:02)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:

Sounds like a good idea!

What proportion of the away support tomorrow will come from the Wessex Shrimpers, I wonder?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wessex Blue @ Oct. 28 2005,16:55)]Yeah 2 hours is about right, would recommend going the Salisbury way, I always head towards Chippenham so I can join up with the M4. Going through Bath and the southern approaches to Bristol is a bit of a nightmare.
Hmmmm... I was thinking of taking the cross-country A36 route tomorrow, as I fancied a change after all those recent trips up the M4!!!

Last time I did it, to get to Rovers 7 years ago, Bath wasn't too bad. I think I might still try it, just to compare how much longer it takes compared with the motorway. Just hope I won't live to regret the decision.....

im going with sufc hutton and a couple of other shrimper pals.
im the one wearing the long white bandage on my right arm and a green jacket on top.

i burnt my arm on the grill. dont ask.
down.gif

Back