• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

IronMike

First XI
Ilford exile, only minutes from Roots Hall' those
I knew of Dortmund's passionate fans and their standing area behind the goal, but this short clip from the BBC talks about the rip off of English football and how much cheaper it actually is to attend a Dortmund home match for around £60 (including travel, tickets, accommodation).

It's not exclusive to The Premier League either, it's all English football in my opinion, before anyone decides to cane it and say how they'd hate Southend United to be there etc....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29624410

What great reading and good on Dortmund , im sure a lot of other clubs ,especially their fans would love to be able to introduce something along those lines.What really interested me was the percentage of the club owned by the supporters.

Do Dortmund want English fans? They're in relegation trouble at the moment yet the fans are standing behind their manager. If this was England the 'fans' would be calling for Klopp to be sacked rather than giving him the chance to turn things around.

Good read and does point out that British football is money driven rather then fan driven,Ozzie has posted many times how cheap and great the kraut football is and I know that you guys are gifted to support a great club with great fans but you are ripped off for everything else.
The not so mighty Berrichonne are cack on the pitch and there are no fans from the away teams and no atmos in the ground but they are my team and I love going to matches because everything is cheap.
My season ticket is 70 euros a year,parking is free as is the programme and if you drink then the beer is cheap as well.
A lot of Brits hop across the channel to support Lens in northern France because as the report points out it is cheaper then a English game and I would include a Southend game in that.
If any one fancys trying a league 2 french game then let me know ,I ccan sleep 10 and it would be a good jolly up with cheap wine and good food and rubbish football.

Good read and does point out that British football is money driven rather then fan driven,Ozzie has posted many times how cheap and great the kraut football is and I know that you guys are gifted to support a great club with great fans but you are ripped off for everything else.
The not so mighty Berrichonne are cack on the pitch and there are no fans from the away teams and no atmos in the ground but they are my team and I love going to matches because everything is cheap.
My season ticket is 70 euros a year,parking is free as is the programme and if you drink then the beer is cheap as well.
A lot of Brits hop across the channel to support Lens in northern France because as the report points out it is cheaper then a English game and I would include a Southend game in that.
If any one fancys trying a league 2 french game then let me know ,I ccan sleep 10 and it would be a good jolly up with cheap wine and good food and rubbish football.

As you say the standard in French League 2 is dire.Lower than L2 in the Uk I'd say,from the games I've seen.

Did Bremen last November. Return flights cost me £30 and the ticket was €12. Did the whole day - which included plenty of beer and sausage - for about £70. I think the most expensive thing I bought all day was the fry up at Stansted Wetherspoons.

Bremen weren't up to much, and Mainz weren't that much better either, but the atmosphere created inside the ground was fantastic.

Did Bremen last November. Return flights cost me £30 and the ticket was €12. Did the whole day - which included plenty of beer and sausage - for about £70. I think the most expensive thing I bought all day was the fry up at Stansted Wetherspoons.

Bremen weren't up to much, and Mainz weren't that much better either, but the atmosphere created inside the ground was fantastic.

I'd have probably kept that part quiet :winking:

I did the Bucharest derby earlier in the month which was pretty good. The football was average at best but the crowd atmosphere was first class. I much prefer doing this sort of thing. I get to see another part of the world and experience another culture. Bucharest turned out to be a good place to go as well. Superb nightlife, decent beer and very good prices. Oh and the women are pretty damn good-looking as well.

as i have written before,you can get a standing ticket here,Nürnberg,for 12 euros..that includes free travel to&from the game,round trip of 160 km,100 miles...the fans back home must demand change,but like most people back home,only moan doing nothing(i.e voting in the election)..how we can change it,im not sure,dont live in England,but in Germany .the fans would protest & protest,till something would happen.see things here ,by,Nürnberg..when the fans dont like something,they get things changed...back home,we-the fans have left things slip away,allowing the fans not much say in anything

Adult ticket prices at RC Lens are about 20 Euros so slightly cheaper than Southend. They do have tickets as much as 50 Euros and they do have a very limited number of Adult tickets at 10 Euros right in the corners.

As for the BBC report it is pretty hard to get the cheap tickets at Dortmund and it would be a challenge for anyone to get a match ticket, travel from the UK & accommodation for £65.

Adult ticket prices at RC Lens are about 20 Euros so slightly cheaper than Southend. They do have tickets as much as 50 Euros and they do have a very limited number of Adult tickets at 10 Euros right in the corners.

As for the BBC report it is pretty hard to get the cheap tickets at Dortmund and it would be a challenge for anyone to get a match ticket, travel from the UK & accommodation for £65.

I'd agree with that. You would be very lucky to get a hotel and flights for less than 150.00 and that's booking very early indeed.

I'm doing the Galician derby in February and that's costing 148.00 if we book, well now. I think that is quite reasonable really.

That, of course, is for a cheap seat behind the goal.

I've paid 75 euros for a decent seat on the halfway line for PSG's game against Nantes next weekend.That is on par with Prem.prices I'd have thought.

I'd agree with that. You would be very lucky to get a hotel and flights for less than 150.00 and that's booking very early indeed.

I'm doing the Galician derby in February and that's costing 148.00 if we book, well now. I think that is quite reasonable really.

In La Coruña (Deportivo) rather than Vigo (Celta), I trust? If so, good choice.:thumbsup:

Vigo's quite industrial , whereas La Coruña has a lot more to offer tourists,IMO.

I've been a frequent visitor to Genoa and Sampdoria matches and can confirm that the fans would not allow the extravagant pricing structure that exists in this country. For 20 Euro (unless a near sell out crowd) I usually get a decent seat, a decent game and pay a relatively cheap price for food and wine in the ground and can have a civilised ciggy whilst I'm watching the footy. The atmosphere has always been superb and knocks the hell out of anything I've experienced in this country(check youtube 'derby della lanterna'). I recently went to see Lecce (very much like SUFC, went 1 0 up then sat back) play with a bumper crowd of 3,500 and the noise from start to finish was incredible and this was in an open stadium that can hold over 40,000, the price was 12 Euro. Since the onset of Sky money the fans have lost out big over here yet we seem powerless to change it. Sad really but I guess its the price we pay for 'progress'.

In La Coruña (Deportivo) rather than Vigo (Celta), I trust? If so, good choice.:thumbsup:

Vigo's quite industrial , whereas La Coruña has a lot more to offer tourists,IMO.

By what I have read and seen so far, it certainly does. Some good deals coming up for hotels although I have found some seriously suspect places [think Eastern Europe 20 years ago] Looking forward to this one, especially the Tapas, I love Spainish food above all others.

By what I have read and seen so far, it certainly does. Some good deals coming up for hotels although I have found some seriously suspect places [think Eastern Europe 20 years ago] Looking forward to this one, especially the Tapas, I love Spainish food above all others.

Don't forget to hit the old town.Great for drinks and tapas.Make sure you sample the local "empanadas." They're wonderful.

Galician white wine is excellent too.

Don't forget to hit the old town.Great for drinks and tapas.Make sure you sample the local "empanadas." They're wonderful.

Galician white wine is excellent too.

Went to la Coruna last month for a wedding instead of Luton away! Lots of great bars off Plaza Maria Pita and the Raizor stadium is close by in town. Excellent seafood tapas in most bars, especially the Pulpo.

Went to la Coruna last month for a wedding instead of Luton away! Lots of great bars off Plaza Maria Pita and the Raizor stadium is close by in town. Excellent seafood tapas in most bars, especially the Pulpo.

El Mesón do Pulpo is a great shout.As is the Plaza Maria Pita, as the place to head for bars.

Stayed at the Hotel Riazor (which as its name suggests) is on the beach, overlooking the ground.

Yes, our hotel looks a little cheap and cheerful for want of a better phrase but that just leaves more money for beer and tapas. So all good.

Back