• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimperforlife

Director
Being a long way from seeing brown sent off last night , any ideas whether this will effect the next games?... didn't he get warned about his future behavior and conduct after questioning officials?

I have no problem with him getting in Parkinson's face as he is an irratating weasel of a dwarf.....but is he sailing close to another touch line ban?

Being a long way from seeing brown sent off last night , any ideas whether this will effect the next games?... didn't he get warned about his future behavior and conduct after questioning officials?

I have no problem with him getting in Parkinson's face as he is an irratating weasel of a dwarf.....but is he sailing close to another touch line ban?

I believe social services are looking into child abuse allegations......Against the 4th official.

I'm supportive of PB, as people know, but he often talks about the players being naïve, but how naïve was he?

The referee had already spoken to him twice before, so was just waiting for a reason.

I think Parky had got to him and possibly the whole 'Bolton' thing, if I'm honest.

Parky encroached on the field of play at least a couple of times and was constantly berating officials and our bench, PB did no worse and yet ref sent him to stands for speaking to fourth official. Personally speaking both managers were a bit over the top and if one went into the stands they both should.

Parky encroached on the field of play at least a couple of times and was constantly berating officials and our bench, PB did no worse and yet ref sent him to stands for speaking to fourth official. Personally speaking both managers were a bit over the top and if one went into the stands they both should.

I'd agree with that.

Depends what PB said to the referee about the penalty shout. My guess is it wasn't along the lines of "I say, that's an awfully tight call, referee"

I'm supportive of PB, as people know, but he often talks about the players being naïve, but how naïve was he?

The referee had already spoken to him twice before, so was just waiting for a reason.

I think Parky had got to him and possibly the whole 'Bolton' thing, if I'm honest.

But it's fine lines isn't . Ref decisions can make or break seasons and jobs. PB is chasing a play off place, we know we have to win more games than we lose to have a chance ... they are so close yet so far and come the end of the season a manager will be judged by the final position. I'm an emotional person when I watch .. I felt shattered yesterday, like I kicked every ball , PB around the penalty "call" was probably the same .... yep naive , but also passionate for the cause ....

But it's fine lines isn't . Ref decisions can make or break seasons and jobs. PB is chasing a play off place, we know we have to win more games than we lose to have a chance ... they are so close yet so far and come the end of the season a manager will be judged by the final position. I'm an emotional person when I watch .. I felt shattered yesterday, like I kicked every ball , PB around the penalty "call" was probably the same .... yep naive , but also passionate for the cause ....

Hmmmmm!

Screaming at the ref/Lino/4th official has as far as I know NEVER changed any decision.

In isolation 'TTS', yep, I possibly would have reacted the same, but he'd already had two strikes before, that's my point.

One of the discussions with the referee was after an incident in the first half, which I felt the referee had got right.

Refs will talk amongst themselves and PB's card is probably marked more than some. All the more reason to box clever with officials, rather than playing into their waiting hands.

If one of our players had been second yellow carded for continually arguing with the referee, we'd probably feel he was stupid.

Just read the Bolton news site and Parky stated that they Bolton kept their cool and 'ultimately Browny has been sent to the stands'

In isolation 'TTS', yep, I possibly would have reacted the same, but he'd already had two strikes before, that's my point.

One of the discussions with the referee was after an incident in the first half, which I felt the referee had got right.

Refs will talk amongst themselves and PB's card is probably marked more than some. All the more reason to box clever with officials, rather than playing into their waiting hands.

If one of our players had been second yellow carded for continually arguing with the referee, we'd probably feel he was stupid.

Agree with you,

Young kids watch these guys rant at officials and copy their ghastly antics at the week end in their own games.

These ranters should be punished and face long stadium bans IMO...no need for it.

Not sure I said any other than you Andy T , i.e. he was naive ..., but I can understand why. Not like he's the only manager that does this week in week out, in all leagues. What I'm saying is that I understand, in the moment, passion outweighs thought process and I for one would prefer a passionate manager rather than a placid one !

To the other person that responded ... welcome back on the board ( we must have just lost )

Not sure I said any other than you Andy T , i.e. he was naive ..., but I can understand why. Not like he's the only manager that does this week in week out, in all leagues. What I'm saying is that I understand, in the moment, passion outweighs thought process and I for one would prefer a passionate manager rather than a placid one !

To the other person that responded ... welcome back on the board ( we must have just lost )

I havent even mentioned the defeat...I responded to your comment where you seem to think it's perfectly OK to abuse officials....I don't hence why I replied.

Where did I say it was ok ? Explain ?

I said it was naive ... I never said it was ok.

Football has a bigger problem across the board rather than just PB ... as I said , he isn't the only one, Fergie and Wenger and Jose for 3 have been doing it for years .... and never had huge bans etc from these moments of "ghastly" behaviour. Again, you're being specific to PB .. Amazing just your very name on this forum annoys beyond all comprehension ! Now do one so I can have a discussion with Andy T , rather than a tit for tat nonsense with you

I think refs do allow for that, but he accumulated enough ammo to get himself sent off, by digging about most decisions, during the game.

The 4th official was getting it all game. In fairness, from both benches.

It's possibly a build up of some pretty mediocre refereeing performances and I can partly understand it, but there's a difference between being passionate and being stupid.

Some crucial matches coming up. Moreso than last night's, even. We don't tend to do well when PB is sitting in the stands.

Often, when on the touchline, he calls players over for a bit of advice. Or he'll switch the wingers over and make subtle changes.

He needs to be on the touchline to effectively do this, IMHO.

I think refs do allow for that, but he accumulated enough ammo to get himself sent off, by digging about most decisions, during the game.

The 4th official was getting it all game. In fairness, from both benches.

It's possibly a build up of some pretty mediocre refereeing performances and I can partly understand it, but there's a difference between being passionate and being stupid.

Some crucial matches coming up. Moreso than last night's, even. We don't tend to do well when PB is sitting in the stands.

Often, when on the touchline, he calls players over for a bit of advice. Or he'll switch the wingers over and make subtle changes.

He needs to be on the touchline to effectively do this, IMHO.

Agreed , the fine line between the 2 are just that , fine. As you said maybe it's the accumulation of some dreadful decisions this season. I would say, in my many years of watching football, this has been the poorest in terms of officiating. This I believe is mirrored all over the country, when you listen to radios phone in's and look at other forums. We are asked to spend a lot of money watching football and the referring does form part and parcel of the product. I respect refs as it is indeed a thankless task, but there are some real standouts for me this season in terms poor refereeing , which can define a season.

He was stupid , but again, for me, I'm saying whilst not condoning I can understand it, unless it transpires that he told the 4th official that he was going to hunt them all down and their families and kill them all that is !!!

It was referred to during the game but 50%... I think not :thumbdown:
OK, to be exact it was 102 seconds of a 335 second intervierw, so 30% (yes I am that sad) -still far too much time . I would much rather have heard his thoughts on how we played - especially as to me 'we' thought we played better than he did from some of his comments

This never happened before they had Fourth Officials and technical areas. Brown and Parkinson were at it and each other straight from the kick off. They seemed to be trying to out do each other - really it was pathetic from both of them. It would not have surprised me if they had come to blows which I was fully expecting if Bolton had got a dodgy goal.

Brown was at it non stop -every challenge. I thought Brown was far worse than Parkinson yesterday - a lot more blatant. He had been warned at least twice and I guess really went for persistent misconduct. Parkinson was much more subtle -at half time he waited for the ref to come off the pitch so he could walk in with him bending his ear. Parkinson was shooing Brown off to the stand when the ref sent him off. At one point, Brown was for about 20 seconds hurling verbal abuse, at Bolton's captain who was just laughing at him.

I honestly can't see the point in it -has mouthing off to a fourth official ever changed anything? If video technology comes in it will only get worse. Maybe technical areas need to be further away from the half way line so that a manager is not right in a the fourth official's face.

If I recall correctly when Brown was appointed he said he had been doing some scouting at Bradford for Parkinson so he knew League 2 quite well. Parkinson of course appointed Brown as coach at Hull and then got the sack 6 weeks later. They seem to hate each others guts now - I think Phil is bit jealous of Parky getting the Bolton job. Parkinson always get the last laugh though.

A little more class and composure is needed Mr Brown and less whinging. You would have thought he would have learned his lesson from what happened at Bolton earlier in the season. Did it cost us a point -maybe?

Why do i get the feeling that is not the first time a Southend manager has been sent to the stands when playing one of Phil Parkinson's teams. Pretty sure Tilly (or Brush) had the same treatment when he was in charge of Col Who. Does Parkinson get in their heads with mind games?

Back