• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown makes gaffe

Bob Cratchitt said:
Is there any place that has the initial discussion between GB and OBL (Old Bigoted Lady)?

As it would be good to see how bigoted her views were.
There's a link in the article. She made one comment about Eastern Europeans flooding into the country, which hardly makes her a bigot. The rest of it was just GB agreeing that he was for whatever the old dear wanted i.e Health Service, Education, looking after vulnerable people.

If GB thinks that is bigoted, he's losing the plot big style...

I do...can make for fun family gatherings I tell you (although that's usually rows between me and my bigot Uncle - non blood related I hasten to add)
My 'step' family was fun. My dad's second wife's dad was as racist as they come and then one of his grandchildren started seeing a Zimbabwean refugee (who got deported once but managed to get back into the country via my step sister stealing my dad's credit card). Obviously this generated a very happy family environment!! My dad is no longer with his second wife but to my knowledge, the grandfather is still yet to meet any of the four 'braaaahn' babies that have been produced!

I do however know that neither my ex-step sister or the refugee have done a day's work in their lives and live totally off benefits. They also called one of their kids Beyonce.

I have distanced myself from that particular side of my 'family'!!

My 'step' family was fun. My dad's second wife's dad was as racist as they come and then one of his grandchildren started seeing a Zimbabwean refugee (who got deported once but managed to get back into the country via my step sister stealing my dad's credit card). Obviously this generated a very happy family environment!! My dad is no longer with his second wife but to my knowledge, the grandfather is still yet to meet any of the four 'braaaahn' babies that have been produced!

I do however know that neither my ex-step sister or the refugee have done a day's work in their lives and live totally off benefits. They also called one of their kids Beyonce.

I have distanced myself from that particular side of my 'family'!!

is she fit?

There's a link in the article..

That has recently appeared, I guess most people where asking the same thing about wanting to see the original.

It is a shame she did not finish off her sentence, 'that you cannot mention immigration cos you are saying that your a ...." as I am sure she was going to say "your a racist"

That has recently appeared, I guess most people where asking the same thing about wanting to see the original.

It is a shame she did not finish off her sentence, 'that you cannot mention immigration cos you are saying that your a ...." as I am sure she was going to say "your a racist"

That would have put a big spin on it wouldnt it and after seeing it you can see she pauses. Brown doesn't escape from it , nor his advisors who eitehr who forgot about his mike ;)

I must confess to revelling in what appear to be the death throes of the New Labour movement. Feel a little sorry for Gordo, because I think he means well, but I can't wait for those complete bas****s Harriet Harperson and Ed Balls to be out on their Politically Correct ears.

I reckon Brown should stand his ground. She's banging on about the Easties nicking our jobs and she calls herself a lifelong Labour supporter? He should just tell her to **** off and vote for the BNP.

This is, perhaps, why I haven't forged a career in politics.

I reckon Brown should stand his ground. She's banging on about the Easties nicking our jobs and she calls herself a lifelong Labour supporter? He should just tell her to **** off and vote for the BNP.

I think a career in politics is a possibility Slip, but I fear that you may miss out on the Diplomatic Corp.

Slipperduke said:

That's the point though Slip, she wasn't banging on about it. She made one comment, and was also quite right to say that if you talk about reducing immigration you're pretty much branded a racist.

As I said before if GB thinks that she's a bigot, he needs his brains testing

"All these Eastern Europeans coming in? Where are they flocking from?"

I don't know, love....Western Europe?

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

That's the point though Slip, she wasn't banging on about it. She made one comment, and was also quite right to say that if you talk about reducing immigration you're pretty much branded a racist.

As I said before if GB thinks that she's a bigot, he needs his brains testing

But it's that lazy, 'foreigners nicking our jobs' line that gets trotted out over and over and over again. As GB said, there might be a million in here, but there's milloion of us over there!

He shouldn't have said it, but how many of us will have a phonecall at work, put the phone down and say, "Christ, what a spastic."

Anyone who ever phones me, that's for sure.

So he had a rant, so he used a bad word, so what. It's not indicative of what he actually believes anymore than me calling the woman from Orange a 'spastic' is indicative that I think she's disabled.

Mind you, Labour really have spazzed up the fallout here.

Damn it id vote for you !
I think if Brown had said ignornat he might have got away with it .
I also agree wbout this migration poing , yes we get many over here but as Slipp says they get many more of us in Europe do you truley believe we can instigate the old Chinese separation from the rest of the world policy any-more ?

We do need to look at how it can be changed but as I've siad before we need to destroy the "black market " that has risen to fund this jobs , but which politican wants to lose their far eastern au pair or cleaner ;)

Slipperduke said:
He shouldn't have said it, but how many of us will have a phonecall at work, put the phone down and say, "Christ, what a spastic."
Yes, but we're not running for PM

So he had a rant, so he used a bad word, so what. It's not indicative of what he actually believes anymore than me calling the woman from Orange a 'spastic' is indicative that I think she's disabled.
Yes but it shows he's losing the plot big style. How he can moan about being button-holed by a Labour supporter, asking the questions she asked is frankly rubbish.

Oh yes !

But it's that lazy, 'foreigners nicking our jobs' line that gets trotted out over and over and over again. As GB said, there might be a million in here, but there's milloion of us over there!

While I agree with you, there's a couple of points to be made.

Brown has made a huge issue of "British jobs for British workers" but knows full well this (under EC employment law) can't happen. Furthermore when a large number of Eastern European States were admitted to the EC we were told that only around 13000 would come here. Where they got a figure like that from is beyond me, probably Mandelson scribbled it down on the back of a fag packet. Therefore I can understand the frustration of people, and then the likes of the BNP can prey on this frustration stirring up their own brand of hatred.

The big problem is that for many years there has not been an honest debate on immigration, the Labour stance since 1997 raise the issue, doubt the figures etc you're a racist.

Back