• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown on Deegan and Binnom-Williams

I think both are worth keeping, but the balance of midfield has been wrong with Deegan playing as we have too many defensive midfielders. Need him sitting behind two others, from Payne/Timlin/Leonard/Clifford, but its been the other way round with Deegan and one other sitting behind Payne.

Thought Binbag Williams look class at CB on Saturday, however he would be prone to the odd error, but as an option that can cover LB and CB I would keep him. (Less error prone than Bolger, if not such a good defender).

Disagree re Deegan. Yeh, he was good against a busy Plymouth midfield, and probably essential due to our makeshift defence last Sat. But as someone else said, he's only good when he doesn't have the ball... win it and give it or he gets into trouble.
Prefer Leonard or Timlin in that role (they can interchange if playing together) then both can get forward when the chance comes. The team needs goalscoring midfielders to make up for our shot-shy strikers, Deegan isn't one, Leonard, Timlin, Atkinson, even Clifford all are. Playing Deegan at home is making us too defensive.

I think both are worth keeping, but the balance of midfield has been wrong with Deegan playing as we have too many defensive midfielders. Need him sitting behind two others, from Payne/Timlin/Leonard/Clifford, but its been the other way round with Deegan and one other sitting behind Payne.

Thought Binbag Williams look class at CB on Saturday, however he would be prone to the odd error, but as an option that can cover LB and CB I would keep him. (Less error prone than Bolger, if not such a good defender).

I think so, but there aren't many at this level who aren't. Lapses of concentration and bad judgement are easier to recover from when you have a bit of pace, Rio Ferdinand in his earlier days made loads of mistakes but recovered in the most part.

I think JBW must have been showing a lot ofpositives at CB in training for PB to put him there. PB is pretty cautious anddoesn’t strike as someone who would’ve taken a risk there if he wasn’tconvinced JBW was up to the job, especially when there was a simple solution ofmoving White to CB and Leonard to RB.

A quick point on this. I love Leonard, I think he is our best player and by moving him to RB you waste him (although Brown's tactics have wasted him in the defensive midfield position all season) but the last time he played RB at Wycombe he was hopeless.

I would keep Deegan but let Binnon W return to the Eagles. BW has lots of potential but we need players who hit the ground running and are consistant. Regretably BW is not consistant. I accept other players on the books fall into this category so we do not another. Spend the money BW costs us on a striker. Interesting to see Messi doesn't know where he will be playing next season. I know one place he won't!!

Disagree re Deegan. Yeh, he was good against a busy Plymouth midfield, and probably essential due to our makeshift defence last Sat. But as someone else said, he's only good when he doesn't have the ball... win it and give it or he gets into trouble.
Prefer Leonard or Timlin in that role (they can interchange if playing together) then both can get forward when the chance comes. The team needs goalscoring midfielders to make up for our shot-shy strikers, Deegan isn't one, Leonard, Timlin, Atkinson, even Clifford all are. Playing Deegan at home is making us too defensive.[/QU

just to remind you a players don't have the ball for 98% of a match.
went to the Shrewsbury game with a group lads who had all played at a decent level but had not been to RH for some time. All said Deegan MOM by a mile. Does anyone remember him tracking back and saving a certain goal in the first half, or winning good tackles on the edge of their box. More than just a midfield spoiler id say. Just to quantify their football nous of B-Williams they said ok defensively but poor passing/delivery. Worst player on the day for us.... Weston-Super-Mare also by a mile

Not a Deegan fan but thought he was immense on Saturday. However if it's goals we are after at home then it's got to be one of Timlin or Clifford playing......and we know how nil nil Phil has treated the last one. As for Leonard, shadow of his former self but that won't matter to the stubborn man in charge!

The good thing about Deegan playing is that it allows Lenny to push higher up the field! Also thought JBW did very well at CB ... Would be decent as part of a back 3 ... Not that I can see us reverting to that formation after the first 25 mins on Sat!

Very impressed with JBW at CB and that is where I think he has great potential. He is very strong (up against Reid who puts himself about and JBW out muscled him comfortably), good in the air and for a CB quick. IMO with experience he has the attributes to develop into a top 2 divisions player. What we main most about in his play he can learn. What he can't learn he has.

Deegan - I think he allows us to play 2 up top in a 4132 and gives our midfield players license to get forward (BTW I do not see Tims as a defensive midfielder- yes he can play their but he has more to his game, a great engine & is exactly the sort of player who will bust a gut to get into the box- which we need)

Back