• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Martin ling was my eye opener...I still can't talk about it

Sounds very worrying. Considering all the recent 'historic' revelations from people who can now finally talk about it.

Damn Brown !

This run has stopped moaners like me from commenting:winking:

Damn Brown !

This run has stopped moaners like me from commenting:winking:

You disappoint me mrsblue. Someone with your history of complaining should not be throwing in the towel just because we have won a game or two. There is still so much to point out thats wrong and so many facts to muddy the waters. Just a few to be going on with;

a) If PB is so great how comes it took roughly 175 games of his tenure to listen to the fans and set the team up the way he does now?

b) Why did it take him three years to finally introduce a few players capable of making a difference?

c) Why are people crowing so much this season when as yet we have won nothing?

Then you can add the facts, alternative facts if you like, that so many take such pleasure from;

a) PB may have a win ratio of 40% now but thats less than half. Less than HALF!!!!

b) PB's recruitment policy has added to the crime figures of Southend and surrounding areas. FACT!

c) Fortune earns a fortune and the return on our investment has been poor with his scant goal scoring. FACT! End of!

Feel free mrsblue to use any suggestions I have made and to continue being a leading contributor to the zone. :thumbsup:

Brown has very good pedigree.

Sometimes we question his commitment to the club - I guess only few of us will know and Brown himself how devoted to the club he is.

I have been part of the Brown camp. I have always thought to suggest he should go is 1) following the no loyalty trend in football and thinking that the grass is always greener and 2) getting ideas above our station. This club is slowly building back up. It rarely happens overnight.

The only reason I have ever thought it could be time for him to go is just because of the examples where morale is lifted when a new manager comes in. The mental side of the game rather than the physical/tactical (as applied by the manager).

Seeing this turnaround is fantastic.

However, whilst the boys are playing well would now be a fantastic time to replace Brown with another manager as morale will already be high :dim:

Brown has very good pedigree.

Sometimes we question his commitment to the club - I guess only few of us will know and Brown himself how devoted to the club he is.

I have been part of the Brown camp. I have always thought to suggest he should go is 1) following the no loyalty trend in football and thinking that the grass is always greener and 2) getting ideas above our station. This club is slowly building back up. It rarely happens overnight.

The only reason I have ever thought it could be time for him to go is just because of the examples where morale is lifted when a new manager comes in. The mental side of the game rather than the physical/tactical (as applied by the manager).

Seeing this turnaround is fantastic.

However, whilst the boys are playing well would now be a fantastic time to replace Brown with another manager as morale will already be high :dim:

I am not sure why is commitment needs to be questioned. It is clear from actions that he is passionate at what he does and has a desire to succeed. In that way he is no different to the players.

Would he go if the opportunity for a job in the Championship or Premiership came up? Probably. Again in that way he is no different to the players.

As long as he his committed and passionate about the club whilst he is here then that is all you can ask for.

I am not sure why is commitment needs to be questioned. It is clear from actions that he is passionate at what he does and has a desire to succeed. In that way he is no different to the players.

Would he go if the opportunity for a job in the Championship or Premiership came up? Probably. Again in that way he is no different to the players.

As long as he his committed and passionate about the club whilst he is here then that is all you can ask for.

Agreed. When I posted that I wasn't thinking about his link to the Bolton job but more so his media commitments and how they are interpreted.

Agreed. When I posted that I wasn't thinking about his link to the Bolton job but more so his media commitments and how they are interpreted.

Fair enough. As long as they do not get in the way of his job I have no problem with them. He obviously enjoys his media work and people generally perform better when they have activities away from the day job they enjoy.

My company calls it a healthy work life balance!!

Fair enough. As long as they do not get in the way of his job I have no problem with them. He obviously enjoys his media work and people generally perform better when they have activities away from the day job they enjoy.

My company calls it a healthy work life balance!!

I think its more of a case of a healthy bank balance.

Back