• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WoodhamShrimper

Youth Team
Well lets see how next few results go. But to go nearly 6months since a home win(sheff in march) its time to go Phil!!! Im up for voicing our concerns after the millwall game

I'm glad I wasn't in the east near Brown today. People arguing in the West after the second goal. Brown lovers v Brown haters.

I've always dislike Brown. Can't wait for us to get rid and bring in a tactically minded manager.

Please Ron pull the plug asap.

Haha! A load of 14 year olds in fake stone island! That will get brown out. Who on earth do you think would come to southend and be any better?

Haha! A load of 14 year olds in fake stone island! That will get brown out. Who on earth do you think would come to southend and be any better?

Anyone would be better than Brown. Even you should be able to see that.

Powell
Austin
Cotterill

To name just 3

Powell
Austin
Cotterill

To name just 3

Powell hasn't done anything as manager
austin? Yeah get stone Cold in. Dean? What on earth has he done to get a managers job anywhere?
Cotterill .Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Powell
Austin
Cotterill

To name just 3

Would be over the moon with any of those. For me, Powell or Austin would be brilliant.

Never appreciated Austin until I read 'The Nowhere Men' by Michael Calvin. Really top bloke and you just know he'd take the chance with both hands and give you 110%. Was always tipped to be a top manager but needs his chance.

Of course what you forget is that Brown would demand a serious amount of compensation to cover his contract. Essentially, we can't afford to sack him.

He could resign.

Or he could become England's #2......

Of course what you forget is that Brown would demand a serious amount of compensation to cover his contract. Essentially, we can't afford to sack him.

He could resign.

Or he could become England's #2......

Maybe not though.

We put a 4 year contract on the table and my understanding is that he never signed it, leaving him contracted until next year. Ron is no mug and I would expected he would have withdrawn the new contract offer some time ago, as well as inserting some sort of get out of jail free (or for a non-extortionate amount) card into the current contract from the start.

You can't include last season in any stats according to the PB lovers

You can take it into account for Browns overall performance, but the point made before is you cant use it as this teams form, because its not the same team.

Im not a Brown lover either I think its time to go.

Normally Id say 10 games is fair to get going but with the end of last season in consideration 6 games is reasonable and after only one win in 5 against a terrible Sheffield Utd I cant see the point in continuing. I dont see adding one or two players is going to change anything.

As for a protest on the 17th, if he is still here by then he would have turned a corner, so totally pointless. Ron doesnt need fans to tell him when to pull the trigger, he has history of doing it when needed.

Maybe not though.

We put a 4 year contract on the table and my understanding is that he never signed it, leaving him contracted until next year. Ron is no mug and I would expected he would have withdrawn the new contract offer some time ago, as well as inserting some sort of get out of jail free (or for a non-extortionate amount) card into the current contract from the start.

3 year deal signed in 2015 :

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/southend-united-phil-brown-news-contract-manager-2497787.aspx

The last thing the team, the club, the manager needs is a Brown out protest. Hang in there guys. The team in about a months time will be much better than todays.

I could not go today but heard the BBC commentary. Its not the same as being there when it comes to opinions but it sounded cringeworthy. I am not pro-Brown BUT I am interested to see what we look like after the transfer window has closed. RM is showing good support with the signings of Cox, Ferdinand and Demetriou. I dare say they are not on some of the wages certain people allege but I doubt they are bargain basement. I want to know if it signals an intention and we bring in a few more players that offer the team improvement. If we do then I have to accept that the assembled side is the one PB was planning to compete with and therefore give him a few games with the new line-up.

Yes I have reservations but a few more games will not necessarily ruin us.

The last thing the team, the club, the manager needs is a Brown out protest. Hang in there guys. The team in about a months time will be much better than todays.

You may well be right but why oh why have we left it so late to get a squad together.it may be down to brown or Ron but the whole feel of the club is seriously lacking.

Agreed - quality players to return and hopefully a few loans too. Ferdinand is a clear upgrade on all of our current defensive options, Timlin will add plenty to the middle and with any luck Ranger will be back in action in the next few weeks.

Back