• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come on guys, I get the frustration but how abouts we actually let Brown use his signings first and see if it improves. If we're still in this situation in mid October then I agree that a change should be made but he's FINALLY signed a new centre back, apparently a couple more new players are still to come before the window closes. Let's give it a few more games, a protest is a complete overreaction! It also looks really bad on us fans to start holding a manager out protest after 5 games of the season!

The last thing the team, the club, the manager needs is a Brown out protest. Hang in there guys. The team in about a months time will be much better than todays.

A couple of new players isnt enough, the ones we have should be doing better than this.

I dont think we are strong enough to be promotion chasers but our team is absolutely clueless. People keep saying we are negative but we arent, we just have no idea what to do with the ball, we arent defending just cant attack.

The quality of the players may be improved by return of injured players and adding a couple of new ones but we arent doing the basics right.

Remember when Brown started here the team came out and were constantly all over the opposition. They looked fit and fired up and you dont have to be a quality player to have that, and we seem to have lost that side of our game as well.

He has 4 days to finalise the squad, at that point we have nothing to add and its down to him producing results with the squad.

The last thing the team, the club, the manager needs is a Brown out protest. Hang in there guys. The team in about a months time will be much better than todays.

The guy has had since the last day of last season, no play offs to worry about. In about a months time it will nearly be October. Surely he should've had the team well and truly sorted by now!

The guy has had since the last day of last season, no play offs to worry about. In about a months time it will nearly be October. Surely he should've had the team well and truly sorted by now!

Nothing wrong with still getting players in this late but Brown has basically said that he cant be expected to get results until then.

As you say thats absurd, 5 games in to the season and he doesnt have a team that he believes is capable of competing?

Thats not necessarily his fault but I cant see it being soley the clubs unless he highlighted these players 6 weeks ago and the club dragged its feet.

Wrong message. Sent for the post above that was deleted!

To be fair he has been working his nuts off trying to bring quality players in. When they're quality, other clubs want them as well.
I'm not saying he's a great manager, but lets see how this pans out in the next few months with the new signings and our two good midfielders back.

I understand what people are saying about letting him complete his transfer business and then judge him after a few more games. But the fact of the matter is that two or three more signings will do nothing when the players we have at the moment look like the last thing they want to do is play for him.

None of them are busting their nuts to run through brick walls for him and I honestly think he's lost the dressing room completely. There's no coming back from that. We could sign whichever three players we want tomorrow, but if the other 8 on the pitch don't give a **** then it will be irrelevant.

Demetriou is the prime example. Lots of people on here are criticising his performances. This was a player who was player of the year last season for a League One side very nearly promoted. He's a fantastic player, but he's cut a very depressed and frustrated figure lately. He hasn't become a bad player over night, so you can only blame Brown for it. We need a change, desperately.

I don't have any notion of who/what PB listens to BUT he must be searching high and low for the answer to the current problems...................which mainly seems to be his management and tactical plays.
WHY, why, why does he not try and win a game rather than try not to lose?
He, we need to work more on our set pieces and attacking fast as a team not rigid formation dithering.

I don't get this waiting until after the transfer window to decide on Brown. What difference is that going to make? This isn't really about the quality of the players, but far more to do with our managers dire tactics and total lack of direction. The players look lost and uninterested.

We could sign 6 Championship players next week and it wouldn't make any difference. We'd still be playing the same, predictable, slow, sideways football. Just with better players.

Alot of posters on here could get a result with current sqaud! I could make Messi look average with negative tactics

Trouble is his head was turned before the end of the season which showed in the results and effort on the pitch,by the time he ended up staying here the whole set up has become unsettled .I think October will be the deadline for Ron

Alot of posters on here could get a result with current sqaud! I could make Messi look average with negative tactics

I don't have any notion of who/what PB listens to BUT he must be searching high and low for the answer to the current problems...................which mainly seems to be his management and tactical plays.
WHY, why, why does he not try and win a game rather than try not to lose?
He, we need to work more on our set pieces and attacking fast as a team not rigid formation dithering.

I dont see that is how we are playing at all.

We dont go out and defend, we are playing 442 with two wingers and only one central midfielder with any defensive ability. 442 after all apparently wasnt a defensive tactic when everyone wanted us to play it when he played one up front.

I think people are confusing playing with no attacking/creative threat with being defensive.

Theres nothing defensive about us, we are just ****.

I dont see that is how we are playing at all.

We dont go out and defend, we are playing 442 with two wingers and only one central midfielder with any defensive ability. 442 after all apparently wasnt a defensive tactic when everyone wanted us to play it when he played one up front.

I think people are confusing playing with no attacking/creative threat with being defensive.

Theres nothing defensive about us, we are just ****.

That's exactly how I see it. We aren't purposely going out to defend, playing for a point and hoping to nick a 1-0. We're going out trying to win, we just totally lack any sort of idea when it comes to creativity. Midfield sits too deep, wingers won't/can't cross the ball, no one is capable of playing a killer ball, we can't work the ball into the box and we're not giving Cox any shred of service that he can work with.

Being defensive and being plain **** are two different things.

And to think people wanted rid of Sturrock. Would have him back in a heartbeat. At least we scored regularly!

I will tag along if its a Ron out protest...

I'm not disputing that better players will help but let's be honest did any of the players look like they were playing for the club or the manager.

I can handle losing. What I can't handle is a team of a decent quality playing **** poor football with little direction and no passion or urgency.

There were players today quite literally jut walking around the pitch. I can't accept that.

Since Brown came in our movement off the ball is non existent.

He was getting away with defensive 1-0 wins in league two because basically the opposition was dire.

The step in quality has meant we have to keep the ball better and press quicker. We don't do either.

Easiest win fleetwood will have all season today.

And to think people wanted rid of Sturrock. Would have him back in a heartbeat. At least we scored regularly!

I will tag along if its a Ron out protest...

Whilst Sturrock did a great job keeping us in the league the first year and then doing so well and just missing promotion in the second it was the right time for him to go and Id never want to go back to that football. Might have scored more but it was still dire. Weekly threads on "hoof ball" still keep me awake.

That said theres nothing to be excited about either at the moment.

PB probably doesn't have much longer than September to turn things around. Start of this season a shambles but who's to blame??? Don't think Brown will be envying his trip to Bolton next Saturday unless he has far more options. VERY important week coming up.

Back