• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Bkdside

Coach
...you bunch of wannabe football managers.:thumbsup:

You win some, you lose some.

A bit if realism needed sometimes. We will win games we should lose, lose games we should win. But by the end of the season we end up, roughly where we should do.

I predict a top 5 finish.
Keep faith.

Last edited:
Well said. Yep I think we need to give a bit of time for this team to gel and for some players to find their form, we have an excellent squad who should be challenging. Looking forward to seeing the boys in December when back in UK, hopefully we'll be up there. UTS!

As has been said on a number of occasions on other threads, you have to give the squad a number of games to get up and running (and to give the manager a chance to pick the right team formation and people).

After 7 games I am still undecided - we have played well at times and not so in other games (or even within the same game) ........

One thing for sure is that there is still a long way to go for either the relegation or the promotion places to be decided.

The title of this thread stopped me looking at it as I am fed up with some of the doom postings of late; but as Ratty puts it we have a squad that when it plays as a team looks capable and promising, a few characters are starting to show and hopefully Mr Brown will be getting an idea of his strengths and weaknesses amongst them.
The injuries to Cokes and Tims are very unlucky as the outfield 10 stating line up is now new combinations all over the pitch and that does need time and matches to develop effectively.
Overall I am not as confident as pre season but also I believe an automatic prom space is realistic.

We've seen both Jekyll & Hyde from Southend this season so still too early to tell imo.

Looking at teams like Luton and Portsmouth it's clear that plenty of pre season favourites are struggling at the moment, judging a team early on is never a good idea, players take time to gel and we are starting to get there.

Big week this week. Cheltenham have started well losing their first game of the season Saturday I think. Always a tough venue but one that we have done well at in recent times and then York away also a long tough away trip. They have stuttered a bit early season. Would happily take 4 points from these.

Only been to 3 home matches so far but other than 2nd half against Oxford the team have played well. Should at least finish in play offs.

As I said in the other thread, give him until Jan 1st at the least.

One swallow.... Real hard week now. 2 aways. Lets hope the mood on here is same come Sunday.

I was worried when I saw the title of this thread....I thought we were in for another winter of reduced electricity supplies.

One swallow.... Real hard week now. 2 aways. Lets hope the mood on here is same come Sunday.

I sincerely hope we can get a result at Cheltenham tomorrow to push us closer to the top 3 and extend the mrsblue-free period for at least a few more days.....nice and relaxed on here at the moment. Love it. :thumbsup:

Can this thread be deleted / closed please ? It's most unsavoury having a title of Brown out showing on the board at this stage of the season

Mods ?

Is he going to get us promotion or not? is that the target?

One of the very good things about Phil Brown is that he is a recognised name. I do not believe other managers would have been able to bring in players of the pedigree that he has.

One of the very good things about Phil Brown is that he is a recognised name. I do not believe other managers would have been able to bring in players of the pedigree that he has.

Agree. Similarly, without having Dave Webb at the helm we'd have never been able to tie-up the big Barrington Belgrave deal.

All I can remember of Barrington Belgrave is his beyond legendary alliterative name, and him getting sent off whilst TAKING a throw-in... did he actually do anything else?

Back