• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brushy

DTS

The Business
I only ask as one of my mates is a Brighton fan and tells me that Mark McGhee is soon to get the boot as the fans are calling for his head..

Purely as an idle comment and no rumours to be started off this as its just two mates in a car talking but he said "We should go for Paul Brush". ( Cue Johny Stokes passing out!!)

I was thinking to myself how much of an influence he must be to Tilly. Do you think it would be like losing an arm to Tilly if Brush left or is the assistant job largely that of a Yes man.

( Please note I am sure Brushy is not leaving - Just a hypothetical comment).  

DtS

I reckon Brush has quite a large say on things.

But only as a, if Tilly's asking, relationship.

Im sure Brush doesn't force his opinions on Tilson although obviously would chat about different matters.

That's what I reckon anyway. I could be miles off!

Brush is massively important to Southend United, and Tilson in particular. Remember, Brush has got managerial experience from stints before him came to Southend, whereas Tilson had none before us.

Brush would have been there and done that and would be able to advise Tilson. Also, Brush would have had more contacts in the footballing world, if I remember correctly, Brush is the reason Wayne Gray chose us.

Obviously, nowadays, Tilson has got the contacts and the experience now, but Brush still plays a key role for us. Losing him would be awful, but not as bad as if we'd lost him earlier on in the Tilson reign.

Very true, I dont think Tilly would be half the manager he is now without the 'guidance' of Brushy along the way...

An very important piece of our jigsaw is 'Basil'...

Also if/when Tilly moves on to pastures new, as long as Brushy doesnt go with him (which I think he will) he will be a more than adequate replacement to step up to the hotseat.

Long may the Tilly/Brush dreamteam reign.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ Sep. 04 2006,17:52)]...if I remember correctly, Brush is the reason Wayne Gray chose us.
Is that a good thing then?
rock.gif

tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Being serious,I reckon Tilly & Brush are more joint managers than anything else.

You've only got to look at Brian Kidd after he left Manchester Utd to become Blackburns boss to see that being No. 1 doesn't guarantee success.

Nothing lasts forever but I for one will be very sad once the Martin/Tilly/Brush partnership ends.

Back