• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT New Member

What country are we all in? Tempted to sign up again. I emailed the team to ask for my old team ID back (sad I know) but no response yet so may just bite the bullet anyway.

What country are we all in? Tempted to sign up again. I emailed the team to ask for my old team ID back (sad I know) but no response yet so may just bite the bullet anyway.

England and a franchise in West Indies. My franchise is much better than my original team!

I've joined and been given a team in England. Going through the beginners guide, not spent any money yet

Good stuff!

Get yourself involved in the SZ Cup. Drop BrockVH (aka MrB from on here) a BT-mail

For trainees you want 17 year olds with at least mediocre stamina, primary ( ie batting or bowling) and secondary (if batting that’s concentration; for bowling it’s consistency). Personally I think stamina and secondaries are undervalued and would try and find some with respectable stamina, medium primary and respectable secondary for £1 or £2k

They’re all about to age so don’t buy them this week. Next week they’ll be expensive but week 2 is the sweet spot.

Any questions feel free to ask.

I am back. Team name Southend again, ID 26338. Hoped to reclaim 2503 but no luck.

Everything feels familiar and alien at the same time!

Good stuff!

Get yourself involved in the SZ Cup. Drop BrockVH (aka MrB from on here) a BT-mail

For trainees you want 17 year olds with at least mediocre stamina, primary ( ie batting or bowling) and secondary (if batting that’s concentration; for bowling it’s consistency). Personally I think stamina and secondaries are undervalued and would try and find some with respectable stamina, medium primary and respectable secondary for £1 or £2k

They’re all about to age so don’t buy them this week. Next week they’ll be expensive but week 2 is the sweet spot.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Ok so should I hold off buying anyone at all for a couple of weeks?

Ok so should I hold off buying anyone at all for a couple of weeks?

At least a week. The players age this weekend and you will want 17 year olds for trainees.

Personally I wouldn't bother buying anyone for more than £5000 until your first batch of trainees hit 23 or 24. That may rule you out of most week 1 trainees but you should be able to fill any gaps in weeks 2 and 3.

Yes, the market for 17yo's this week will be mental, as it's the 1st week of the season, and therefore you have the most time to train the players. The same player pulled in Week 2 will go for an awful lot less

Cool, I have 2x 17 yr olds already in my team:

1 looks like a bowler with stamina, bowling and consistency all mediocre (5)

1 looks like a batsman with stamina, batting and concentration all mediocre (5)

Any suggestions on how to train them to reach their full potential?

Also some advice on coaches would be good. The newbie guide says I should hire 10 coaches but doesn't say how these should be split? i.e how many batting coaches, bowling coaches, fielding, stamina etc.

My advice would be 4 x batting, 4 x bowling and 2 x Stamina. Stamina takes 6 weeks to train one level, so you can rotate those to each of your trainees. Some people think you should train fielding or WK as if you align this with a batting or bowling net it reduces the time that conc or cons takes to get to the next level. However, Stamina training takes the same at whatever age you train, whilst Conc / Cons the time reduces as the players age, whereas batting / Bowling increase time as they get older, so I find it best to get the Stamina up first and then train the Conc / Cons after that. The next question then is how many nets to put on each trainee. YB has suggested 1 Batting / Bowling per trainee which is fine, and will give you a balanced side, however you could put 2 batting / bowling nets on a player and it will speed up his training. the only problem with this is that the 2nd net only has 50% of the effectiveness of the 1st net, so if you double net someone you are only getting 1 1/2 nets for 2 coaches. Personally I wouldn't train the 17yo's you have at the moment, wait until next week or the week after and buy on the TM, and then hire the Coach to go with them. If you hire the coaches now then that will cost you 25k (10 x 2,500) so best to wait. Also, when you hire the Coaches make sure you hire Sports Psychologists as well (5-7 is the acknowledged optimum amount)

Cool, I have 2x 17 yr olds already in my team:

1 looks like a bowler with stamina, bowling and consistency all mediocre (5)

1 looks like a batsman with stamina, batting and concentration all mediocre (5)

Any suggestions on how to train them to reach their full potential?

Don't. They will be 18 next week at the age updates.

You should be able to pick up some 17 year olds in a fortnight's time with better attributes

AgeWeek per primary pop on 1 netweek per primary pop on 2 nets
17​
11.1​
7.4​
18​
12.4​
8.27​
19​
13.9​
9.27​
20​
15.6​