• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT - Week 1

MrB

Life President
We're back and a nice start to my season:

0.1 W Mushtaq to Buchan
And Sajjad is running around the boundary, he dives, and takes the catch one-handed. What a magnificent catch!!

Maylett is the danger man though, hit Mushie for successive 6's and I'm hoping Sutherland can remove him:

End of Over 8: 34-1, runrate=4.25
Sutherland 4-0-9-0
Gibb* 15 (22 balls)
Maylett 19 (25 balls)

Last Wicket: Buchan c. Sajjad b. Mushtaq 0 (FOW: 0/1)

aymond Maylett (442830)
LH Batsman, LH Spin Bowler, superb batting form, superb bowling form, changeable
A steady player with feeble leadership skills and feeble experience.

Plays For: Essex Javelins
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 61,074
Wages: £23,114 p/w

Batting M I R n.o. Ave SR HS C st 50s 100s
Career 47 42 3032 20 137.82 105.68 200* 106 6 9 13

Oo.gif

1st game back in V
sad.gif

Shouldn't have to do anything but TIE all season.

Lost the toss and am fielding

End of Over 12: 41-1, runrate=3.42
Connelly 1-0-3-0
Ryan* 15 (27 balls)
Griffin 17 (38 balls)

Last Wicket: Lea b. Blackbourn 2 (FOW: 4/1)

They start in order of divisions, normally Level's I-IV start straight away, Level V slowly heaves into life between 10:30 and 11:30 then the unwashed of Level VI might get a chance to see a ball or two.

End of Over 16: 56-2, runrate=3.50
Connelly 3-0-14-0
Mcdonald* 12 (12 balls)
Griffin 19 (45 balls)

Last Wicket: Ryan c. Raziuddin b. Oconnor 15 (FOW: 41/2)

HKB

We can tell you that Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI won the toss and elected to field

End of Over 16: 63-6, runrate=3.94
Livingstone 3-0-11-1
Wakeman* 21 (28 balls)
Langley 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Reimann c. Finnan b. Livingstone 0 (FOW: 63/6)

You should put your royal foot down!

Sutherland didn't remove Maylett, neither did Saj. Luckily rubbish fill in bowler Thornton isn't getting hit too much.

End of Over 18: 79-1, runrate=4.39
Thornton 4-0-20-0
Maylett* 43 (59 balls)
Gibb 36 (48 balls)

Last Wicket: Buchan c. Sajjad b. Mushtaq 0 (FOW: 0/1)

Cracked pitch though so anything above 200 is going to be challenging. If we can't get rid of Maylett we at least need to make sure he runs out of partners!

The oppo are batting, and are judging by there stats my only real threat this season... however, they are a bot team, so once they get taken over should fall apart.. anyhow..

End of Over 19: 81-2, runrate=4.26

fairly pleasant, could do with a couple of wicktes... however, one of ther players has a BTR of 50k+ and hasnt batted yet... but as its a BOT dunno if he will bat, bowl or even play... does anyone know how bots select there team??

[b said:
Quote[/b] (dave @ Jan. 19 2007,11:49)]does anyone know how bots select there team??
Probably default to the previous line up. However all players are set to worthless form so you shouldn't have much trouble.

Sutherland has made the breakthrough but Maylett is still there and is turning up the heat:

End of Over 28: 131-2, runrate=4.68
Sutherland 9-0-33-1
Kiely* 4 (9 balls)
Maylett 81 (91 balls)

Last Wicket: Gibb lbw b. Sutherland 44 (FOW: 111/2)

I've a feeling they may have GFI'd as their next couple of games are very easy. Sutherland has one more over to make an impact.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BILLERICAY BLUE @ Jan. 19 2007,11:34)]We can tell you that Geoff_Boycotts_Grandmother XI won the toss and elected to field

End of Over 16: 63-6, runrate=3.94
Livingstone 3-0-11-1
Wakeman* 21 (28 balls)
Langley 0 (1 balls)

Last Wicket: Reimann c. Finnan b. Livingstone 0 (FOW: 63/6)
Get in there!

Go Saj! Not long before we can expose the tail, they don't bat deep:

End of Over 34: 173-3, runrate=5.09
Thornton 7-0-40-0
Maylett* 99 (102 balls)
Pitcher 5 (6 balls)

Last Wicket: Kiely c. Askew b. Sajjad 22 (FOW: 165/3)

Nice round score Matthew:

End of Over 33: 100-10, runrate=3.03
Dawson 9-2-25-4
Mckay* 8 (32 balls)

It's always the one you least expect!!

End of Over 36: 180-4, runrate=5.00
Thornton 8-0-46-1
Pitcher* 5 (10 balls)
Dawood 0 (0 balls)

Last Wicket: Maylett lbw b. Thornton 106 (FOW: 180/4)

35.6 W Thornton to Maylett
Maylett is not happy with that. Everything was wrong. It pitched outside leg and he got an inside edge, but the umpire's given him out. He might get a fine for waiting so long before walking off.

Get in!
smile.gif

Got 4 new teams in what has to be one of the toughest level V's in Battrick
A bot who dropped from IV and 3 teams promoted who dont have as good squads as me so I can hopefully finish 4th at worst this season.

First match won by 10wkts :)

Got my oppo all out for 89 off 27.3
Then smashed 93 off 13.1
got a NRR of 4.86 that puts me top after the first game with 6th place at home next hope I can get in to bat first and get some runs on the board.

Sometimes I'm lost for words with this game. Don't get me wrong I love playing it however you have to question it sometimes. Here's the reporter's summary:

ShrimperZone CC Essex Javelins
Top Order: proficient proficient
Middle Order: respectable competent
Lower Order: abysmal woeful
Seam Bowling: proficient respectable
Spin Bowling: quality respectable
Fielding: feeble abysmal

We struggled to bowl their proficient/competent batting out with a proficient/quality bowling line up (on a cracked pitch with me having 4 M or FM's). Then, chasing 232 I lose the following wickets immediately against a respectable/respectable attack:

Superb/Respectable for 4
Proficient/Exceptional for 0
Superb/Competent for 0
Quality/Respectable for 7

A strong/competent and respectable/mediocre combination then put on 94 before we collapse in usual fashion to 172.

I know 'it can happen' and they may well have GFI'd however I'd just like to see us put up more of a fight.

Anyway, rant over, roll on next week.

Managed to scrape to a 2 wicket victory in the end, looked at one point like i wouldn't make it but luckily my numbers 9 and 10 posted 17 and 21 not out to just pull me through.

First Innings of: Southchurch (play as normal)
Name Runs Balls 4s 6s
Buckley b. Maguire 58 95 4 0
Elliot (*) st. Gretton b. Reynolds 0 1 0 0
Stoner lbw b. Swales 11 9 2 0
Coppinger run out 46 64 1 1
Evanson c. Gretton b. Warne 1 2 0 0
James (+) lbw b. Warne 0 2 0 0
Scholes not out 52 49 2 1
Gibb c. Gretton b. Croft 5 23 0 0
Soft c. Gretton b. Maguire 17 24 2 0
Tortoishell not out 21 21 1 0
Thato
Extras (1b, 4lb, 2w, 4nb) 11
Total (47.4 overs, 8 wickets) 222

I lost because I'm ****!

Can see the change of server causing initial problems over the next week or so too ( a bit like on here !)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back