• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT Week One Yoofs

Grayson

Life President⭐
Jack Supple (1267330)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A steady player with strong leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Southend
Nationality: England
Battrick Rating: 4,513
Wages: £540 p/w

Stamina: competent (11) Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: competent (12) Concentration: mediocre (12)
Bowling: feeble Consistency: worthless
Fielding: abysmal

Not bad, shame I didnt go for a bowler, but this is equal to the best I've ever had (a competent 3 seasons ago) from this system.

Brian Hibbert (1267372)
RH Batsman, RH Spin Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with superb leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: BATTY SHRIMPERS
Battrick Rating: 6,993
Wages: £1,176 p/w

Stamina: respectable Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: feeble Concentration: worthless
Bowling: respectable Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: woeful

Probably going to sell him, as I don't really have the nets, and I could do with the cash. He's very close to Proficient, how much do you think he'll go for ? 1.5m

My YP,

Joseph Barnett (1269363)
An attacking player with competent leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: Southend United
Battrick Rating: 4,155
Wages: £816 p/w

Stamina: woeful(6) Wicket Keeping: competent(12)
Batting: competent(12) Concentration: woeful(5)
Bowling: abysmal Consistency: worthless
Fielding: feeble

Is it worth training him? Or buying a respectable/competent batter with competent WK for £1.2 million?

If you're desperate for one and can afford a quality YP w/k batsman, sell this one and buy another. However, with competent skills in both it's a decent pull in my opinion, and worth training still.

I'm saying this without the knowledge of predicting how close he is to popping in both main skills though.

Tom Osmond (1269554)
LH Batsman, LFM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
A defensive player with woeful leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Old Chelmsfordians
Battrick Rating: 3,919
Wages: £414 p/w
Stamina: competent Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

On the Transfer list.

Crap but not surprised as I got lucky last season. Don't need a trainee so just looking for profits!

I got a mediocre-mediocre bowler with mediocre stamnia.

He's listed for 0 in case one of our new teams are interested.

This is the time for new teams to strike, the market will be flooded with multi-mediocre 17yo's who are more than likely reasonably close to competent in one or two of the skills.

Mine now has a bid of £2m:hilarious:

Mrs BB's YP might interest some of our newbies, only has a bid of £1,000 at the moment....

Kieran Huddlestone (1267381)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with respectable leadership skills and abysmal experience.

Plays For: DIBS DIPPERS
Battrick Rating: 4,520
Wages: £457 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: abysmal
Batting: worthless Concentration: worthless
Bowling: mediocre Consistency: respectable
Fielding: woeful

I reckon he's about 70% of the way to Comp bowling, so he should pop in about 3 or 4 weeks (more likely 3)

Nick got a handy pull who he's listed if any newbies want to bid:

Graeme Cartwright (1271557)
RH Batsman, RM Bowler, respectable batting form, respectable bowling form, fresh
An attacking player with mediocre leadership skills and worthless experience.

Plays For: Whos your Daddy
Battrick Rating: 4,826
Wages: £608 p/w

Stamina: mediocre Wicket Keeping: competent
Batting: mediocre Concentration: mediocre
Bowling: worthless Consistency: worthless

Bidding at £60k already though.

My player's listed by the way, only for around £10K so far I believe. Will be pulling a bowler Saturday, as I need one for my cup game Sunday. My 19 year old medium pacer is still only invigorated PFL...

My player's listed by the way, only for around £10K so far I believe. Will be pulling a bowler Saturday, as I need one for my cup game Sunday. My 19 year old medium pacer is still only invigorated PFL...

Muse, you must be playing someone really carp in the cup, don't you have another spare bowler you could play ???

Oh, and Mrs BB's YP is now up to 21k....

I've only 6 bowlers, and one is my all-rounder who has fresh PFL as he's still getting trained, so I dont want to play him either.

Play one of your batters as a bowler then, it really shouldn't matter. Or play the one that's invigorated at the moment, because he should be at least energetic by Sunday

Last edited:
He's been invigorated since BT20, though, which is worrying. Need to boost his mediocre stamina soon. I must have a feeble bowler sitting around, somewhere.

He's been invigorated since BT20, though, which is worrying. Need to boost his mediocre stamina soon. I must have a feeble bowler sitting around, somewhere.

My bowlers are really struggling to regain fitness after the BT20. I'd have thought that someone with strong or proficient fitness and on one net would had recovered more than one level in a week and a bit.

My bowlers are really struggling to regain fitness after the BT20. I'd have thought that someone with strong or proficient fitness and on one net would had recovered more than one level in a week and a bit.

It's odd considering they bowl just 4 overs a game. All my other players are back to sublime, except my all-rounder.

Back