• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BT20 - Season 25

MrB

Life President
A relatively easy week even by BT20 standards with two sell ups and a team I should beat. Should finish the week 5-1 but promotion not possible as we have Los Galactico in our division.

The main priority is to get fit for Friady to get the win needed to boost gate receipts for Tuesdays FC game. Now I'm out of the cup I'm selling a couple of elder statesmen so will have about £3m in the bank. Will likely sell my two trainees when they pop and try to make a marquee young signing. Note to self, we don't need another all rounder!

A real one man show today as Choles takes 3-18 while all the other bowlers struggled and then slammed 104 off 50 balls to see us to a good win.

End of Over 15: 159-2, runrate=10.60, reqrunrate=2.00 (168-5)
Baines 4-0-51-0
Ahsamuddin* 15 (16 balls)
Sinethemba 10 (5 balls)

Last Wicket: Choles c. Hankin b. Maithripala 104 (FOW: 148/2)

Surprised at just how easy my league is for a II. Two bots, two sell ups and two teams that have emigrated. Sadly Gloucester Gipsies beat Los Galactico this week and with no other difficult games it looks like they will promote leaving me with LG again next season! On the plus side, with so many weak sides it means some of them will still be there as well next season.

Didn't realise my bot opposition were in Australia so we won overnight. Currently top of the table but that won't last long and tomorrow we have the fun of playing Los Galactico.

Main team continues it's BOT bashing. now 8/0.

We actually have to play a managed team tomorrow, the league will be decided then

Lost in the last over to Los Galactico which is fairly respectable given that they have double our wagebill. Currently 4th, hoping to finish 3rd as we have effectively two bots left to play so can hopefully turn round the NRR difference.

Franchise 2-1 for the week to make it 5-4, sitting 6th with a bot to come so should stay where I am. Looking at the teams above me I could be in this division for a fair while to come!

Title decider today, as we play the only other managed team.

BATTY SHRIMPERS II v Armadale Park

Armadale Park won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: green

End of Over 1: 9-0, runrate=9.00
1-0-9-0
* 1 (1 balls)
7 (5 balls)

Bot bashed making me 9 from 9. heading for a title showdown with the Dreamcatchers who are in my SZFL division if they win today.

1st promotion almost sealed.

BATTY SHRIMPERS II v Armadale Park

Armadale Park won the toss and elected to bat.
Pitch: green

End of Over 9: 84-0, runrate=9.33, reqrunrate=2.36 (109-6)
Mcanuff 1-0-12-0
Folan* 45 (30 balls)
Wicks 39 (24 balls)

Fenton beat Gipsies so LG suddenly back to the top again. Should now snatch 3rd as my remaining games are a lot easier than Fenton's.

1. Los Galactico........9 8 0 1 32 38.00
2. Gloucester Gipsies..9 8 0 1 32 22.70
3. Fenton CC............9 7 0 2 28 30.25
4. ShrimperZone CC...9 7 0 2 28 28.81

Have actually performed much better than I expected in BT20, with 2 wins in our 9 games, but without winning our remaining two we will go down in this format - not a bad thing to be honest.

Back