• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

budget holiday?

JoshC

Members
Looking to take the girlfriend away this summer but being a student obviously I'm on a budget, any ideas on where and more importantly which sites offer the best cheap deals. Looking for somewhere hot Canary islands, spain, greece etc.

Thanks

Don't forget that due to the ongoing volcanic ash problems, it's probably better to get a package holiday, rather than build the holiday yourself. You can get good deals direct from the tour operators, cosmos is cheap

And avoid the times when the kids are off school. Saw some cheapo deals in the local travel agents.

And avoid the times when the kids are off school. Saw some cheapo deals in the local travel agents.

Due to all the problems in the economy in Greece at the mo many holidays there are going a knock down prices might be worth a look.

Due to all the problems in the economy in Greece at the mo many holidays there are going a knock down prices might be worth a look.

Tinks should know she spends the best part of 8 months a year on holiday.;)

call the main tour operators direct.

Say dont care where I go, im packed for somewhere warm. Assuming you are flexible on dates being a student they might say if you can go tomorrow we can do you a package to so and so but its unmaned accomadation.

Its always dirt cheap as the rep will run about filling up any voids or last mins cancellation they have in resort and if they have been cancelled late (drop our rate used to be about 10%) then its already been paid for so your money that late is an added bonus.

And I know this as in my first two years of working I worked for a tour operator.

Good Luck

I love my Mrs, not as much as Shrimpersarmy does, but I bloody hate her when I/we want to go on holiday. I think holiday companies should give term time prices to teachers for the School holidays...

great for finding good/cheap hotel rooms/apparetments.. http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/

Then use http://www.skyscanner.net/ to find suitable flights

or alternativly, find a late cheap packge deal on www.icelolly.com

Using a combination of the above i have managed the following over the past 3 years (all including flights & accom)..

2 days in Rome for 2 - £160

4 days in Majorca for 2 - £198

2 Days in Dublin for 2 - £70

4 days in a secret location for 2 - £194 (cannot reveal location as is a secret for the Mrs, and a few people on here know her, but is 3* hotel and at least a 2 hour flight)

Last edited:
Back