• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
So is he allowed to incite the crowd?

Gave it large at the final whistle that sent the fans into a bit of a fury.

Spoke the a steward on the way out who claimed to have seen nothing, probably too busy watching the fans.

Spoke to Dave Jobson on the way out who confirmed that he had been told there was ructions between the keeper and the fans. He will look at the cameras and see what it shows.

I hope the keeper gets pulled for this. They would be quick to target the fans so it should go both ways.

But it's ok for fans to shout 'You're **** ahhhhhh' at him.

If you're going to give it out. Expect a little in return.

I thought this happens quite often :s

We gave him abuse, so I don't see the problem with him giving some back personally.

We should be ranting about John Spicer more like!

But it's ok for fans to shout 'You're **** ahhhhhh' at him.

If you're going to give it out. Expect a little in return.

I thought this happens quite often :s

We gave him abuse, so I don't see the problem with him giving some back personally.

Exactly. We gave him abuse which was completely unjustified in my opinion as Assombolonga was late in the challenge and even the tangle which seemed to rile most of the crowd was fairly good natured.

I wasn't happy with him sticking it back to the crowd at the end but only because we'd lost the game. He was well within his rights.

Some big chips on some fans' shoulders IMO. Can't take it, don't give it.

Exactly. We gave him abuse which was completely unjustified in my opinion as Assombolonga was late in the challenge and even the tangle which seemed to rile most of the crowd was fairly good natured.

I wasn't happy with him sticking it back to the crowd at the end but only because we'd lost the game. He was well within his rights.

Some big chips on some fans' shoulders IMO. Can't take it, don't give it.

I'm not sure it was late. The ball was still free when Britt made the challenge and he had every right to go for it.

Assombalonga's challenge was fine in my view, free ball there to be won and they both went for it with eyes only for it. I really feel the ref reacted to the keeper looking injured tbh.

As for the abuse, I don't see a problem with him giving it back, what else is he going to do? He knows that was a smash and grab win and we were slagging him off so fair play.

I'm not sure it was late. The ball was still free when Britt made the challenge and he had every right to go for it.

Spot on. I could see from the East blues that the ball as loose, 50-50, and there to be won. He had every right to go for it.

Part and parcel of football. Get over it dude.

Do you 100% think that though. I understand there's banter to be had which we see week in week out but his reaction at the final whistle as tantamount to incitement I'm afraid.

The fact that Dave Jobson will be reviewing the footage leads me to believe there's something in this.

So is he allowed to incite the crowd?

Gave it large at the final whistle that sent the fans into a bit of a fury.

Spoke the a steward on the way out who claimed to have seen nothing, probably too busy watching the fans.

Spoke to Dave Jobson on the way out who confirmed that he had been told there was ructions between the keeper and the fans. He will look at the cameras and see what it shows.

I hope the keeper gets pulled for this. They would be quick to target the fans so it should go both ways.

Spoke to a steward , spoke to Dave Jobson , get a grip.

Their number 5 Zander Diamond was provoking the crowd too at the final whistle.

They are an embarrassment of a side and club (30 fans) to be honest. Can't believe we lost that, I'm gutted.

Burton had the man advantage almost the whole match yet were playing for a draw for a long time.

Spot on. I could see from the East blues that the ball as loose, 50-50, and there to be won. He had every right to go for it.

I think it was 50-50 and there to be won too. I just also thought the keeper got there first putting the ball into touch. So did the ref of course but that doesn't prove anything.

Point was, the keeper didnt do anything to attract the abuse. In my opinion anyway.

They are an embarrassment of a side and club (30 fans) to be honest. Can't believe we lost that, I'm gutted.

Burton had the man advantage almost the whole match yet were playing for a draw for a long time.

Yeah, but there man advantage was in the shape of Matt Paterson.

Anyone calling him a fat ******* is a moron, the bloke's a tank, been on front cover of men's health.

No problem with the keeper, the altercation with britt, as said, was light hearted. You could see them laughing.

If you give it the bigg'un to players don't cry if they give it back, simples.

Britts challenge was 60-40. Britt was late and kicked the keeper across the chest. Nothing malicious, but it was a yellow card offence

Back