• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Come on guys, we call out and hurl abuse at them, they win the game, they give some back. It's fair enough. At the end all the no 5 did was to put his hands to his ears and celebrate. Same as the keeper. He shouldn't have to take some of the vile abuse hurled his way and would probably be entitled to have some people thrown out. Did he go running off to a steward? No.

Get a grip.

Their number 5 Zander Diamond was provoking the crowd too at the final whistle.

That guy was a tool.

The way he was acting you would have thought they had won the league; all I can say is well done on narrowly beating a team with 10 mean for 80 minutes that largely looked better than you even with a man short.

You should feel proud of yourself you muppet.

Assombalonga was rightly carded but their goalie should have been booked too.

That's the way I saw it too, open challenge, both went into it in a dangerous fashion. As for the keeper's reaction at the end, get over it, it's a football match and sour grapes cos we lost.

Got to take it on the chin I'm afraid. If I was that goalkeeper I'd have done exactly the same thing. Let's just hope we stuff them at their place over Christmas and then we can stick it back to him.

Fans shouldn't be precious about footballers being nasty to them, especially if they've spent the previous 90 minutes throwing abuse themselves.

As has been said we as a crowd want to give it - why cant he give it back. Didnt see the incident but I spend my game trying to sledge the oppostion players so if one of them gives me stick back - so be it.

I think everyone is entitled to make a complaint if they feel someones actions could be viewed as incitement. It's a free world mate, we can all do as we choose.

Of course it's a free world , but do we really need the words 'sour' and 'grapes' attached to our fans ??
They won , the keeper and centre half gave some back , get over it and move on.

I like it when players give it back to the fans, always a laugh to see a player reacting to some abuse, means that they actually get wound up by it, and is then for the rest of the game a target.

I saw this reasonably clearly from my little spot by the south west corner flag in the West Stand & agree with the ref - Britt was entitled to go for it & was late & caught the keeper & agree with the Yellow. The impression I got was that the keeper was pointing out to our fans was that he got a knock - again no problem for me. Have no porblem with players interacting with fans & have a few memories of players actually calming things down by laughing it off (eg Delroy Facey of Lincoln City A couple of years back) as opposed to Lescott's Brother who when playing for Brizzle Rovers blatantly told someone in the South Upper to F- off.

The takle was a fair one as the ball was loose. The offence i saw was the keeper climbing all over assombalongo to prevent him getting up quicker. The booking was totally unjustified.

Re: keepers gestures at the end, he gave as good as he got so i dont know what we've got to complain about really. I admit, i didn't like what he did but it was probably because i thought we was robbed of a point really.

Of course it's a free world , but do we really need the words 'sour' and 'grapes' attached to our fans ??
They won , the keeper and centre half gave some back , get over it and move on.

They won yes but this isn't sour grapes.

Look at it this way. Footballers are in the public domain. Yes they get grief and rightly or wrongly, it happens. The fact is they shouldn't be reacting back because of the responsibility they have as role models. Had you or me made those gestures to opposing fans, the likelihood is you would get arrested for incitement.

Much the same as you give a copper grief, he's well within his rights to give it back but because of his position he/she will act within their position.

Look at it this way. Footballers are in the public domain. Yes they get grief and rightly or wrongly, it happens. The fact is they shouldn't be reacting back because of the responsibility they have as role models. Had you or me made those gestures to opposing fans, the likelihood is you would get arrested for incitement.

Much the same as you give a copper grief, he's well within his rights to give it back but because of his position he/she will act within their position.

I'm struggling to see where you're coming from here. What incitement did you actually see? General consensus seems to be a couple of arms raised in celebration and another player cupping his ears?

You think ??

Wasn't there so not sure about the challenge but think of it in a different context.

A cold caller rings someone and gets abuse back down the phone. That cold caller starts swearing and shouting back you should fully except the salesman to get into trouble. It isn't right that they got the abuse in the first place but being in the position they are in they know better then to give it back.

Same with being a footballer. Calling a footballer this and that for 90 mins, whilst not particularly nice isn't likely to cause any problems. A footballer giving it back to the crowd, is a lot more likely to cause crowd violence, problems etc.

A few games ago Assombalonga taunted the away fans when he scored. Why didn't we create a thread on that one ?

Back