• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
So, what's the chances of us having them first game of next season, and then having played them four times in a row?

(I only watched the last 7 minutes of the match yesterday, but 2 things struck me. Firstly, Burton were trying to speed the game up by going to get the ball for Fleetwood! Secondly, Fleetwood didn't play the referee at all. They didn't go down pretending to be injured; they didn't waste time at throw ins etc. They played the game the right way. Maybe then justice has been done?)

Probably only in the same way we had a brief rivalry with Aldershot thanks to floodlight-gate. A couple of unmemorable fixtures next year will see them back to being just another club I imagine.

They won't be the same side next year, it will be like Torquay. They will lose McGurk, Kee; with McFazden and Ismail back to their parent clubs. Other players to be poached, maybe even Rowett...?

You have to remember for their budget they are already over achieving... how much can it continue? For me, and this isn't in a bitter sense, i think they've had their fun and will now slowly begin to drift down the table

They won't be the same side next year, it will be like Torquay. They will lose McGurk, Kee; with McFazden and Ismail back to their parent clubs. Other players to be poached, maybe even Rowett...?

You have to remember for their budget they are already over achieving... how much can it continue? For me, and this isn't in a bitter sense, i think they've had their fun and will now slowly begin to drift down the table

Maybe true , but they still have some decent players and being in the play offs for 2 seasons may also 'attract' some decent 'out of contract' players.
I guess their finances were also improved by reaching the final.
I do however get your point.

Do i sense a bit of rivalry brewing between us and Burton ? ...

Probably, if the Burton fans have been looking at our forums then they aren't going to like us, we're being pretty bad losers. Usually when we lose we are critical of the players that didn't show up (ie both our center backs,) but for some reason we have decided that they are the worst cheats the world has ever seen and we definitely would have won if they weren't timewasting (because we never do that, do we?)

Probably, if the Burton fans have been looking at our forums then they aren't going to like us, we're being pretty bad losers. Usually when we lose we are critical of the players that didn't show up (ie both our center backs,) but for some reason we have decided that they are the worst cheats the world has ever seen and we definitely would have won if they weren't timewasting (because we never do that, do we?)

As soon as they went infront in the first leg they started blatant time wasting as they had done in the away league game when they were drawing. The biggest culprit was their keeper so maybe it was poetic justice that he should make the mistake for the goal.

There is nothing wrong with wasting a bit of time by taking the ball in to the corner or playing it around at the back, but when you have three players booked for time wasting at throw ins, there is definitly something wrong with the way you are playing the game IMO.

I suspect it has a gone a bit flat for the brewers.

That's the thing about the lower leagues, so many squads change so much during the summer its hard to measure how good anyone will be.

Who'd have placed Northampton and Bristol Rovers in the relegation fight?

Get over Burton FFS. There will only be a rivalry in your minds or alternatively continue on this path and we'll just become the most hated basement team, ahead of even Luton. There is still time for common sense to prevail.

Get over Burton FFS. There will only be a rivalry in your minds or alternatively continue on this path and we'll just become the most hated basement team, ahead of even Luton. There is still time for common sense to prevail.

True. Methinks that it may be too late now unfortunately. Burton and other clubs fans that visit will have only noticed the bad posts and they are the ones that will get repeated on their websites.

True. Methinks that it may be too late now unfortunately. Burton and other clubs fans that visit will have only noticed the bad posts and they are the ones that will get repeated on their websites.

I couldn't care less what other club's fans think of us.

Agreed. I look at it as simply as WE weren't good enough to go up.

Then you are suggesting that we are over achieving, with 2 centre backs on loan and possibly a goalkeeper too good to keep at this level. We could easily lose Egan and Sokolik and Leonard and Hurst and our keeper. Why will they or us be like Torquay? You appear bitter like many others on here. Burton deserved to get to the final and lost by a single keeping error.:nope:

At the end of the day we was not good enough over the whole season to get promoted, the two Burton play off games are irrelavent... although I was well annoyed with their out and out cheating!

Back