• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
So endeth the 2015/16 lesson, apt for a Sunday maybe. So close to a point and then our last minute hoodoo strikes again. Still Mooney scored and more importantly the Mooose did as well, welcome home Franck. It will be interesting to hear the away boys and girls views on the Moose and the game.

Match report: Bury 3, Southend United 2

RYAN Lowe’s stoppage time penalty meant Southend United’s season came to an end with a 3-2 defeat at Bury this afternoon.

More...

Cant comment to much, but what i saw of the goals, our defence looked wide open. PB got a lot of work to to stop us becoming relegation fodder next season.

I have no idea what happened in the game , had a great time in the stands though!

Here we go again! Could I remind some of the previous posters that the title of this thread is 'Match Reports and Ratings: Bury FC 3-2 Southend United'? There are Heaven knows how many 'bash/defend Phil Brown' threads on this forum, so please add your boring rants for or against the manager to them. I want to hear from some of the loyal supporters who trekked all the way up to Gigg Lane and can give me their impressions of the game and how well or badly the team performed.

Here we go again! Could I remind some of the previous posters that the title of this thread is 'Match Reports and Ratings: Bury FC 3-2 Southend United'? There are Heaven knows how many 'bash/defend Phil Brown' threads on this forum, so please add your boring rants for or against the manager to them. I want to hear from some of the loyal supporters who trekked all the way up to Gigg Lane and can give me their impressions of the game and how well or badly the team performed.
Thanks, mcnasty, for removing the postings I was referring to.

Sorry Sleaford.......saw your post after tapping away furiously. I'm quite happy if the mods want to re-direct it to another thread. :smile: As you see above I've moved it myself, although it wasn't that easy to find a thread which was still relevant and one where, out of context, it still made sense. . I perfectly understand your complaint and I was just pushed into a reaction by the post I saw.

Really think that this continual sniping at Brown is now getting not just boring but damaging, especially for those continuing their criticism. Whatever one may think of Brpwn and his shortcomings, it's now looking pretty certain that he will still be in place come the new season. At what point are these critics going to get off his back and support him and his players next season?............or is this carping going to continue into the new campaign. Though I certainly have reservations about him, he got us promoted and kept us comfortably in League One this season, which is no mean feat. I'm acutely aware I support a rather unfashionable (to the outside world, at least) League One side and I'm very careful and realistic about the quality of alternative manager we'd be able to attract..........I think some people need to be careful what they wish for. For me, i shall be carefully scrutising the additions PB makes in the close season. I may not have liked some of the things which have gone on in the last couple of months but that's now in the past. I will be fully behind PB and the squad for the new season. That's certainly not to say that, if we start the new campaign as we finished this one, he will escape the wrath of my tongue and my word but let's all start the new season with hope and expectation.

careful, or Sleaford will get you a detention :dim:

Hear hear, let's hear from the guys and gals who made the trip, whingers/snipers bugger off

We are so in relegation form, not the way to end a season. ( please don't say how a certain premiership team did this and won the league next term, it's not normal..) really disillusioned about the last few months....

Some people may 'bash/defend' Phil Brown, but it does not make them any less loyal than you! :angry:

I have no idea what happened in the game , had a great time in the stands though!

Likewise, dancing round stand doing the conger, was funny, it was a good end of season atmosphere,

Thought Mooney was lucky though. not to of broken his neck as he jumped over the wall when he scored, that was a pretty deep drop to the floor of the stand, and to do in studs, hence him crashing into the seats, but he seemed to enjoy himself though.

Thought Brown. also looked a bit subdued, not his usual Ego self.

Snr.

Sorry Sleaford.......saw your post after tapping away furiously. I'm quite happy if the mods want to re-direct it to another thread. :smile: As you see above I've moved it myself, although it wasn't that easy to find a thread which was still relevant and one where, out of context, it still made sense. . I perfectly understand your complaint and I was just pushed into a reaction by the post I saw.
No problem. It's easily done when one's goat is got!

Some people may 'bash/defend' Phil Brown, but it does not make them any less loyal than you! :angry:
I know it doesn't! My use of the word 'loyal' was intended to compliment those supporters who travelled a long distance to attend a match that didn't have any enormous importance.

Back to the thread. Did anyone get a clear view of the last-minute penalty offence? I've looked at the Sky highlights and can't see clearly if there was a handball or not.

Sounds like we played well and were unlucky not to win, however that error from Smith shows that we can't rely on him to be an unchallenged no 1, a decent keeper and centre back would be top of my shopping list.

Good to see Moussa grab a goal, maybe offer him a short term performance based contract and hope he can stay fit. If he can stay injury free he could be a real asset.

So we start next season on a run of 5 straight defeats, it'll be a test of character to put a stop to the run. Hopefully a new season will bring a fresh start. A Phil Brown team that can't defend worries me immensely, hopefully that 'clean sheet mentality' will be back come August.

Sounds like we played well and were unlucky not to win, however that error from Smith shows that we can't rely on him to be an unchallenged no 1, a decent keeper and centre back would be top of my shopping list.

Good to see Moussa grab a goal, maybe offer him a short term performance based contract and hope he can stay fit. If he can stay injury free he could be a real asset.

So we start next season on a run of 5 straight defeats, it'll be a test of character to put a stop to the run. Hopefully a new season will bring a fresh start. A Phil Brown team that can't defend worries me immensely, hopefully that 'clean sheet mentality' will be back come August.

Give him a break. He is very young and has not played many games of professional football. Give him time to get the experience.

Back