• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smith 6
Worrall 7
Piotr 6
Barrett 7
Coker 6
Bridge 6
Leonard 7
Atkinson 6
Moussa 7
Mooney 6( swear he was playing wide instead of up top)
Barnett 5

Payne 6
Thompson 5

Ref 5 - that was never a pen

Fans - 11 sang thro out, sometimes watching the fans was better then the match itself

From our end it looked like Ted should've done better with both their goals, not sure how right that is as they was up the other end. Moussa was good, without being outstanding.. Barnett looked sluggish and disinterested, even to the point where my little un who is only just learning about football commented twice on him just given up on chasing balls he could've challenged for. No one really stood out for me apart from Barrett and that's simple because the time he gave us at the end of match. Man of the match was the fans... Unbelievable atmosphere in the second half today. That's exactly why I love this club, today will be up there with when we lost to donny in the play offs.

From our end it looked like Ted should've done better with both their goals, not sure how right that is as they was up the other end. Moussa was good, without being outstanding.. Barnett looked sluggish and disinterested, even to the point where my little un who is only just learning about football commented twice on him just given up on chasing balls he could've challenged for. No one really stood out for me apart from Barrett and that's simple because the time he gave us at the end of match. Man of the match was the fans... Unbelievable atmosphere in the second half today. That's exactly why I love this club, today will be up there with when we lost to donny in the play offs.

the first goal he had no chance with, Barrett deflected it past him, second goal also looked like it took a deflection, if it didn't then he probably should have done better

Some people may 'bash/defend' Phil Brown, but it does not make them any less loyal than you! :angry:

Really agree. After 18 months milking the club in the Roslin hotel, chasing ladies up and down the country..... Enough is enough..... Get your head down and concentrate on your work, if not walk away please, give the job to someone who wants it...

I've played it over in my minds a few times and now I've seen the replays I don't think I can complain about Scully's red. Benji gets top marks for the goal and Ansah for the scuffed cross but I thought Clark and Sammy were outstanding, as they have been all season. Two home derbies now and I'm sure we'll push on and win the title.

Really agree. After 18 months milking the club in the Roslin hotel, chasing ladies up and down the country..... Enough is enough..... Get your head down and concentrate on your work, if not walk away please, give the job to someone who wants it...

Why do we allow this troll on the zone.

the first goal he had no chance with, Barrett deflected it past him, second goal also looked like it took a deflection, if it didn't then he probably should have done better

Ive seen the highlights now and agree about the first. I think the second he should have done a lot better with. Rather it be now then in a meaningful game though. All a learning curve for him.

Why do people still go on about Phil Brown and the Roslin? Once again I will tell you that he hasn't stayed there for ages ever since he bought a house in Thorpe Bay.

Ive seen the highlights now and agree about the first. I think the second he should have done a lot better with. Rather it be now then in a meaningful game though. All a learning curve for him.
I agree with you. To give young Ted a bit of solace regarding the second goal, however, I thought Petr Cech did pretty much the same for one of the Man City goals against Arsenal yesterday. All players, no matter what position they play, make mistakes. It's just that goalkeepers' mistakes are more obvious because they have immediate and significant consequences. If he is as good potentially as those who know him well think he is, Ted should get better and make fewer mistakes with more experience and you can't get that experience by sitting on the subs' bench. It's a strategy with a high risk element, I know, but the lad should be given an extended run in the team to gain that experience. Hopefully, our supporters will give him the necessary support and encouragement to help him through his learning curve.

But in League 1 ? And at what cost ?

We did the same with Bentley and it did not harm him at all.

We will of course need to consider a back up keeper to put pressure on the number 1 spot.

I have every faith that the coaching and conditioning staff will have Ted well equipped.

We did the same with Bentley and it did not harm him at all.

We will of course need to consider a back up keeper to put pressure on the number 1 spot.

I have every faith that the coaching and conditioning staff will have Ted well equipped.

I see it differently. Ted should be back up keeper next season. I have been saying all along he is not ready. Half of the goals he has let in so far in the first team may have been saved by a stronger keeper.
I have watched him many times in training, and in many games and yet to see him have a clean sheet. Training doesn't really count of course, but the games do. He is not like Bentley who can keep clean sheets with save after save. Ted Smith tends to let a percentage of shots go past him. We all want him to do well, but he's just not ready. He needs to bulk up to get a stronger arm on the ball, and he needs to quicken up his reflexes, especially on the low shots on the ground, that is his weakest point.

I see it differently. Ted should be back up keeper next season. I have been saying all along he is not ready. Half of the goals he has let in so far in the first team may have been saved by a stronger keeper.
I have watched him many times in training, and in many games and yet to see him have a clean sheet. Training doesn't really count of course, but the games do. He is not like Bentley who can keep clean sheets with save after save. Ted Smith tends to let a percentage of shots go past him. We all want him to do well, but he's just not ready. He needs to bulk up to get a stronger arm on the ball, and he needs to quicken up his reflexes, especially on the low shots on the ground, that is his weakest point.

Tbf most of Dan's last games in front of a woeful defence resulted in him not keeping clean sheets either.

Build a solid defence and then see the difference.

Any keeper will be breached if his defence is appalling as ours have been in the last few months.

I'd rather judge him in pre season in front of a new look defence.

All of that said I would like to see us bring in another keeper to challenge for the number 1 spot.

How did Bridge play?

i thought he done well, didn't look out of place at all but didn't stand out either.. Looked like he wanted to get at players and take them on which I liked. Also should've grabbed a goal when we get through with two defenders challenging him, but Layed it off to Barnett who scuffed it wide with a mainly open net as bridge had drawn their keeper towards him.

Fans at the game saw the Premier / Football League's first millennial footballer.

Callum Styles, who came on as a sub for the final 15 minutes, was born on March 28th 2000. :stunned:

Agreed 100%.

Ted is still learning and playing him in the first team will destroy his confidence,he needs another season at least learning the ropes.New keeper is Defo required.

Throwing Bentley in at the deep end in L2 was one thing, chucking Smith in as No 1 in L1 next season is quite another. For starters we were always fairly solid under Brown in L2 which helped Bentley initially. Here we are asking Smith to step in at a level where the most goals statistically in English professional football are scored year after year - and with a defence in front of him that has been leaking goals alarmingly WITH Bentley recently never mind without! Smith is young, very young for a keeper and I worry what it will do for his confidence if he starts next season as No 1. Best case scenario as far as I see it? Sign an established goalkeeper in the summer to be our No 1 with a view to loaning Ted out to L2 or the Conference Premier for a year. He'll be in much better shape to return as potentially our No 1 goalkeeper. He also needs to hit the gym over the summer. Bentley did that and it improved his game tremendously.

I've played it over in my minds a few times and now I've seen the replays I don't think I can complain about Scully's red. Benji gets top marks for the goal and Ansah for the scuffed cross but I thought Clark and Sammy were outstanding, as they have been all season. Two home derbies now and I'm sure we'll push on and win the title.

Indeed.

Can't see us losing at home to Brentford!

Orient might be more difficult, though.

Back