• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Then I dont see the problem you have a delapadated school with low numbers on prime land for much needed affordable housing where you also have schools on the doorsetp - Belfairs - Appleton - King John - Sweyne - Fitz

Why does there have to be an 'agenda'? could this not be the case the those at ECC know the real picture? and we have teachers and family trying to cling on for sentimental value and the teachers from more of a left wing ala coal mine keep it open for the sake of it view?

I picked up a teacher who works there from Rayleigh station about a month ago and he was telling me that the unselfish move is to close it.

Then I am presuming he's not been there long and isn't aware of the situation locally. you are covering 3 different local authorities there. Both Appleton and King John are heavily over-subscribed, I believe Fitz is too - not sure about Sweyne. Belfairs certainly seems to be the school of choice for people in the Southend unitary authority area. Let's not forget Canvey lost a senior school not so long ago, there is NOT enough space for the children currently going through primary schools in CP, and that's without those hundreds who come in from Basildon because they know the Basildon secondary schools to be struggling badly.

You have a dilapidated school because they have been fed promises by a council that is full of bull. Interestingly, a local and newly appointed ECC councillor has gone public to say how much he abhors the way ECC has conducted itself here. The fight is not over.

Kids in education now are being screwed over like never before - and I thought mine had it hard. Decisions like this are costing more kids their futures.

Then I am presuming he's not been there long and isn't aware of the situation locally. you are covering 3 different local authorities there. Both Appleton and King John are heavily over-subscribed, I believe Fitz is too - not sure about Sweyne. Belfairs certainly seems to be the school of choice for people in the Southend unitary authority area. Let's not forget Canvey lost a senior school not so long ago, there is NOT enough space for the children currently going through primary schools in CP, and that's without those hundreds who come in from Basildon because they know the Basildon secondary schools to be struggling badly.

You have a dilapidated school because they have been fed promises by a council that is full of bull. Interestingly, a local and newly appointed ECC councillor has gone public to say how much he abhors the way ECC has conducted itself here. The fight is not over.

Kids in education now are being screwed over like never before - and I thought mine had it hard. Decisions like this are costing more kids their futures.

Futures in schools where they harp on about league tables and gcse results there is blame at the teachers door as well as the authority

Futures in schools where they harp on about league tables and gcse results there is blame at the teachers door as well as the authority

No there isn't. You don't have a clue what you're talking about. Yes there may be the odd teacher who is inept, but the vast majority are dedicated and very hard working.

Not quite sure what the argument here is...

It's widely reported over the next few years more school places will be needed. To build houses on the land would only worsen this problem...

What you may end up with is a situation like in Brentwood. Sawers Hall shut as it didn't have the numbers. Other schools received extra funding, built new classrooms, hired new teachers etc... The SH was allowed to reopen as a free school and it's basically shafted all the other schools as they haven't got the projected intake.

The current free for all in education is very worrying. I'd guess someone would step in to reopen some kind of school there if there is still a demand for places... The question is who?

Sorry I've not been on much, I don't get on too well with the mobile version of the site, wish it was simple enough for the site to still use Tapatalk.

Firstly i'm an ex-Deanes pupil. Do i feel sad the school is closing - only for the youngsters locally, i don't hold any great memories of the place!

Right now onto my soapbox.

ECC are going to make cutbacks and continue to make bigger cutbacks locally and it'll get worse for us all. Why! Simple - we are a safe Tory seat!

Castlepoint 2010 - General Election
Tories 40%
Independants 27%
Labour 14.7%

Solution vote Labour/Independant and cut down the Tory majority.

I have some guesswork on the Deanes situation; the school is in need of a large spend and update. It's numbers are temp airily down. It is on land which can be used for residential building.
Fair Havens is close by and is moving in the near future and it has a suitable area for a new school.
Business is not about open transactions and politics is about easing public opinion into the direction those who control the situation into. Time will tell but I think the reprieve is temporary until there is money available and elections are in the distance.

Got the details back for the comp choice for my son. Wanted Sweyne but only got offered Eastwood. Sweyne is full and maybe that's because lots of pupils who would go to Deanes chose Sweyne. I hope now it's not closing they choose to go back to Deanes and my son gets into Sweyne. Going to appeal and hopefully something happens. Eastwood are only interested in results, don't care about the pupils and no pastoral care

Back