• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Byrne / Fitzpatrick

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Someone asked on shrimpers.net as to the whereabouts of certain players. I was able to track a few down, but drew a blank on Paul Byrne and Trevor Fitzpatrick.

I know that both were in Ireland - Fitz had spells with Shelbourne and Bohs, not sure where Byrney went.

But where are they now - does anyone know?

rock.gif

Matt

Parantly Fitz wanted to join the Fire Service in Ireland. Dont know if he's actually done it yet or not. Be nice to finally find out where he is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 13 2005,14:46)]Parantly Fitz wanted to join the Fire Service in Ireland. Dont know if he's actually done it yet or not. Be nice to finally find out where he is.
He was going to join the coppers not the fire service, part from that, dunno.

Byrne is still revered in Glasgow for scoring for Celtic against Rangers. One of my old work colleagues played football with him when he was playing for the Bohs? in Ireland before his move to Celtic. He said he was an absolute dipso, and used to drink vodka from the bottle before a game. No real suprise that he ended up on the heap. Earlier this season he turned up to another League 2 side, think it was Bury, so he's still around.

Roddy Collins came close to signing Byrne just before he was sacked at Carlisle, so he must still be playing somewhere.

Still remember him for scoring probably still the best goal I've seen at the Hall, a 30 yard screamer against Norwich in 1996.
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 13 2005,14:59)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ Jan. 13 2005,14:46)]Parantly Fitz wanted to join the Fire Service in Ireland. Dont know if he's actually done it yet or not. Be nice to finally find out where he is.

He was going to join the coppers not the fire service
Oh, I do apoligise......  
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 13 2005,15:15)]Byrne was playing for UCD in November 2004 in the eircom League, so I guess he's still there.
I thought that, but then I'm not sure that's the same Paul Byrne since the UCD (as in University College Dublin) Byrne is described as a "youngster".

I'd hazard a guess that "Paul Byrne" is not an entirely uncommon name in Ireland...

rock.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 13 2005,15:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 13 2005,15:15)]Byrne was playing for UCD in November 2004 in the eircom League, so I guess he's still there.
I thought that, but then I'm not sure that's the same Paul Byrne since the UCD (as in University College Dublin) Byrne is described as a "youngster".

I'd hazard a guess that "Paul Byrne" is not an entirely uncommon name in Ireland...

rock.gif

Matt
Ah good call. Maybe it was the Irish sense of humour?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Jan. 13 2005,15:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 13 2005,15:33)]
[b said:

rock.gif

Matt
Ah good call. Maybe it was the Irish sense of humour?
Hmm... now I haven't got a clue!

suspect.gif

About 6 - 9 months ago I was told that Trevor Fitzpatrick was working for his father's building company in Hampshire.

He no longer plays but was coaching a local team of youngsters.

Back