• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

C2C fare rises..

You'd want £37k to have to start a silly o'clock in the morning.

Yeah thats the thing isn't it, early early starts and then late late finishes!

Your not wrong there lads i have been starting work at 04:15 this week although i have been sitting indoors all finished by 10 am :), although as mk said we do also get a minimum of 14 weeks off a year.

I also agree with (southend lady i think ) the senior management are as you expect.. very out of tune with what you passengers have to put up with when things go wrong, i do feel for you all, on the flip side c2c has been the best operating toc for 3 years now in the whole country. So it could always be worse folks ;)

Your not wrong there lads i have been starting work at 04:15 this week although i have been sitting indoors all finished by 10 am :), although as mk said we do also get a minimum of 14 weeks off a year.

I also agree with (southend lady i think ) the senior management are as you expect.. very out of tune with what you passengers have to put up with when things go wrong, i do feel for you all, on the flip side c2c has been the best operating toc for 3 years now in the whole country. So it could always be worse folks ;)

14 weeks off a year!! :stunned:

My Grandad used to , but that was pre-privatisation days

If you were employed by BR before privitisation in 1994 with no break in service, you still are entitled to free travel to/from your place of work and 16 free trips anywhere in the country - plus reductions on international travel, 75% off of other things such as the London Underground, Newcastle Metro for example.

Anyone know what the increases are on National Express Liverpool Street line? I dread to think.

One of my mates has been working on that line for about 15 years, was chatting to him the other day and he thinks NE are unlikely to keep hold of the franchise in the long term so don't expect much in the way of investment/improvements over the next few years.

The cheapest way to get from Benfleet to Canary Wharf was to buy daily returns at £10.60. This has now risen by a whopping 25%.

Back