• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

is availible to peruse @ This page

I like the extra trains at Benfleet in the morning on lates as theres one pulls in at 8:26 8:36 and 8:56 under the new proposals....

Anyway, regardless, i still moaned on the feedback.
Why fiddle with the timetable, just get the beasts on time and stop the bloody lines falling off, what do they hook em up with clothes pegs?

This absolutely sucks. Fewer trains stopping at Upminster and also fewer then stopping at West Ham.

How is that supposed to lead to more commuters getting a seat?
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ Mar. 20 2006,17:59)]Why fiddle with the timetable, just get the beasts on time and stop the bloody lines falling off, what do they hook em up with clothes pegs?
I hate to point this out but the overhead lines are the remit of NetworkRail not C2C, so try moaning to them.
tounge.gif

What has taken down the lines recently have been little oiks chucking stuff over the overhead lines which get caught up in the pantographs and thus the trains end up pulling down the lines, again track security is down to NetworkRail and Transport Police. However short form trains, untidy trains, no working loos and cancellations due to staff and organising trains when things go wrong is down to C2C and these definitely need addressing.

They deserve some credit for showing us their proposals up front and asking for our views. Has anyone heard of another train company having done this?

C2C deserve no credit whatsoever.

The new timetable is surely based around cutting costs, not improving service.

I find it laughable that c2c claim they are highly punctual - who the hell are they kidding?

The only way they get away with the claim of 98% punctuality is the fact that trains may be a few minutes late, but because they are within 10% of their timetabled departure/arrival these are deemed on time. What the hell is that all about?

Now we have this bloody disembodied voice telling us a train is so many minutes late, and is repeated every additional minute that a train is delayed. Having had the pleasure of freezing my tits off on Pitsea station last week i can assure you that this is really bloody annoying. It seems like c2c are increasingly removing the human element.
mad.gif
mad.gif

Doesn't look very good for those of us in the Docklands, seems less trains now stop at Limehouse in the evening, which given the ever increasing numbers of working over here seems a pretty crazy idea.

I normally get the 17:24 which will be scrapped, so it looks like either I get the 17:19 from Limehouse or the next one to "The Villiage" is 17:39 from West Ham

c%&ts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Usual_Suspect @ Mar. 21 2006,12:55)]Doesn't look very good for those of us in the Docklands, seems less trains now stop at Limehouse in the evening, which given the ever increasing numbers of working over here seems a pretty crazy idea.

I normally get the 17:24 which will be scrapped, so it looks like either I get the 17:19 from Limehouse or the next one to "The Villiage" is 17:39 from West Ham

c%&ts
It's hard enough to get a seat at Limehouse as it is.

I wouldn't mind standing in the evening if there were more express services (1st stop Benfleet) but the vast majority stop at most stations in between.

The annoying thing is there is bugger all I can do about it because I have already paid my fare for the next year.

On a slightly different topic have any C2C commuters noticed a large increase in the number of late arrivals recently? It infuriates me. These b@stards are stealing my life from me in 2-5 minute chunks on a daily basis and I want something done about it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 21 2006,13:27)]The annoying thing is there is bugger all I can do about it because I have already paid my fare for the next year.
At gunpoint, presumably?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Gremlin @ Mar. 21 2006,13:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 21 2006,13:27)]The annoying thing is there is bugger all I can do about it because I have already paid my fare for the next year.
At gunpoint, presumably?
No, not at gunpoint but living a two minute walk from Benfleet station how else am I (reasonably) going to get to Canary Wharf?

Perhaps C2C could pay their employees salary a year in advance and see how they like it if they fail to turn up on time or even at all?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 21 2006,14:15)]Perhaps C2C could pay their employees salary a year in advance and see how they like it if they fail to turn up on time or even at all?
Superb idea!
biggrin.gif

On first look I'm not overly impressed with the changes either as it will add about 10 mins to my journey each way. On the flip side, the way my company is going I will be redundant long before December.
glare.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 21 2006,13:52)]Ahhhhhh C2C line to Chavberryness. How I miss those days.  
smile.gif
I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the people who use C2C and ONE.

It's the same bunch of Essex wideboys and vacant looking women either readiing Hello magazine or holding a loud conversation.

Oi you lot, do you not realise that it takes a lot of time to work out these new timetables and do you not think that ONE has got off scott free!!

All you lot seem do is moan. You should become a IRP.

mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Mar. 22 2006,13:34)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Mar. 21 2006,13:52)]Ahhhhhh C2C line to Chavberryness. How I miss those days.  
smile.gif
I don't think there is a great deal of difference between the people who use C2C and ONE.

It's the same bunch of Essex wideboys and vacant looking women either readiing Hello magazine or holding a loud conversation.
Help, I think I've hooked one !

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Mar. 22 2006,14:21)]Oi you lot, do you not realise that it takes a lot of time to work out these new timetables and do you not think that ONE has got off scott free!!

All you lot seem do is moan. You should become a IRP.

mad.gif
Where's my lost coat?
and why has no-one yet replied to my latest e-mail viz;-

Benfleet @ 6:00 a.m, every morning towards the end of the London bound platform just past the shelter some divvy with a west ham hat drinks his tea and then throws the cup down onto the rails.
Can someone have a word with him because if i do and the ******** gives me backchat I'm liable to knock his block off.

Back