• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Prior to Saturday game was in the high street and noticed that there was a stall just outside Debenham selling SUFC 2018 Callender for £8.99 whereas the club shop is dearer at £ 9.99.I know it's only a pound more but don't think we should be paying more in fact it should be less:sad:

Probably a knocked off copy, especially if it's called a callender rather than a calendar. :whistling:

Was it an official club stall?. Either way, I'm guessing who ever they were, they upped the price because they needed to pay for a pitch to cover their losses (no pun intended).

Probably some local Del Boy chancer, as I see our offical club shop are selling the 2018 "Callender" for £7.49.

The stall was one that springs up every Xmas just selling calenders,and it was the same version as the club are selling.Yesterday it was cheaper at £ 7 odd as a black Friday deal

So just to clarify on your initial post, (when you started this thread).

It was in fact £7 odd, not the £8.99 you mentioned? :headbang:

To clarify Stall price £8.99

Club Shop £9.99 but yesterday was a Black Friday price of £7.49.

Nope. Colander is that one.

I saw the title and genuinely thought it was the name of some player we would be after in January.
A Google search throws up 5 footballers with the surname Callender, but the most recent birth is 1932, and they've all passed away. So PB wouldn't be interested?

Last edited:
Genuinely thought this was gonna be one of those threads saying we should be looking in the non leagues and take a look at the Heybridge striker

Some players might leave in Jan some might go in May. Half the players in the calendar might not be with us come their month!

Some players might leave in Jan some might go in May. Half the players in the calendar might not be with us come their month!

I've always thought there would be mileage in a football club bringing out an August - July calendar instead. Put the fixtures in there, feature players who have signed over the summer, etc.

I remember some years ago I brought the SUFC calendar and by January, 8 of the 12 players pictured were no longer at the club. :thumbdown:

Back