• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Calling all predictors: Important feedback required

Should we change the format of the PL ??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
Hi everyone,

I want to ask your opinions about a little change i think will make scoring the PL a whole heap easier, though how it would go down with your goodselves remains to be seen

Basically it involves getting rid of the polls ... each week we post up a set of fixtures in a single thread, and ask the players to copy and paste those fixtures adding their own scores, scorers and wildcards

At the end of that round of fixtures i edit everyones posts with how many points gained and at the end of the thread post who got what (much like the Round n: Points Scored thread i do now)

I believe it will save a hell of a lot of time (ACTUALLY I KNOW IT !!!) as i won't have to set up half a dozen poll threads each week, and i won't have to keep ploughing through every thread a million times checking for wildcards and first scorers ... it will also save you folk a lot of time as you'll be able to do all your work in one thread as opposed to 6

I very much welcome your thoughts on this people, so let me know (honestly) what you think

Next weekends matches will definately be in the current format, and Mr.Benedict and i will decide how to proceed after gauging feeling on here.. remember it is YOUR COMPETITION and Ben and i are merely guardians of it

Thanks for listening, now over to you ...

Kind regards

Lee

Lee, I appreciate that this will make things very much easier for you two and if so, then it has to be a good thing. However, I personally quite like seeing the polls, and seeing who's done what. If it makes things easier, bearing in mind it's being done voluntarily by you two FOR us, then go with it, the new way will also stop those who predict the score the wrong way round.............

Can I also suggest the addition of a WILDCARD icon - this is one I began using
wildcard.png
which might also help you?

As others have said Lee, whatever makes it easier for you. I expect all people are really interested in is their predictions, the scores and the league.

As the others have said what makes it easier for you guys, but i think the change would be good as there has been a few times where i have voted and then a few days later it has appeared that i haven't which is annoying when you get the resut spot on lol.

Em.

Whatever guys. Makes it easier for me too as it takes a age for the polls to load up so takes me about 20 minutes to predict for all of them so having them on the same page will save me a lot more time for more important things.

I'm all for the change, i've given up with the PL just because it takes a while to do. I'm sure it would be easier for you to run too

think it would save everyone loads of time - quick copy and paste and a few amendments rather than the current never ending procedure

Blueblood.

The predicted scores could be easily entered into the spreadsheet and a very simple macro could be used to automatically generate the points when compared to the actual results. If you want me to have a look at doing this then let me know (you may already be well past that!!)

Blueblood.

The predicted scores could be easily entered into the spreadsheet and a very simple macro could be used to automatically generate the points when compared to the actual results. If you want me to have a look at doing this then let me know (you may already be well past that!!)

I do the table, Pubey! ;)

I did think about automating it but it would take just as long to whack everyone's predictions in as it would to work the scores out so I didn't bother!

Hi folks,

Despite my saying next weekends fixtures would definately be in poll format, i've analysed the way the voting has gone so far and have taken the decision to just go with the change of format immediately ... the main reason for this is i'm having great trouble with my pc and i can't trust it to last long enough to get 6 threads up in the next half hour (ie, in time for KO Saturday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back