• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cambridge postponed game

poor use of word by me, postponed.
?Sorry to call you out,couldn’t resist it—maybe something to do with having taught languages.
Some even say abandoned instead of postponed.
Similarly we get people claiming a favourite player should OF (have) RESIGNED (re-signed).

?Sorry to call you out,couldn’t resist it—maybe something to do with having taught languages.
Similarly we get people claiming a favourite player should OF (have) RESIGNED (re-signed).

I love that one...along with when something is muted, not mooted! Another one that seems to have crept in lately is using "then" instead of "than"

However, there's always someone better than you, and I'm sure I make loads of mistakes too.

As a sub editor I come across all sorts of classics, a common one being 'The company singed a contract'. Another favourite is 'Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing is a modulation technique that is sued in several applications'.

This raises an interesting question, joking aside. Close personal care is not allowed in most cases at the moment, is there an exception for this within elite sport?

Physiotherapists are able to continue to practise outside of football so I can't imagine it would be any different within football.

Personal care (doctors, dentists, physios) is allowed; personal pampering (hair, nail bars, beauty salons) is not.

As a sub editor I come across all sorts of classics, a common one being 'The company singed a contract'. Another favourite is 'Orthogonal frequency division multiplexing is a modulation technique that is sued in several applications'.
I have unfortunately send '*******', instead of 'regards', to a client before. :Dunce:

When do you finish your sh*t - as opposed to shift

Bit too personal for some apparently

My favourite one from work a good few years ago now, a very senior manager wrote a contractual letter to a client intending to sign off ‘The onus is upon you in this situation’ ....unfortunately the secretary typed and sent
‘ the anus is on you ....:ROFL:

Haha love that one
Has reminded of a cruise many years ago. Our parents friends were out n out bow bells Londoners and he always called Westminster westminister and a chimney was a chimaney. But his wife trumped it when the women were talking about favourite perfumes. Hers was anais anais. You can guess what she said....

Back