• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can any fellow Shrimpers help?

jenniferstar

Hey,

My twin sister and I completed the Race for Life for Cancer Research UK in Basildon yesterday. We completed the 5km in 36 minutes, which was a lot quicker than we were hoping for! We wanted to raise £500 between us, but due to some of our friends promising to sponsor us and then not getting around to it, we are short of our target.

Therefore if any Shrimpers can afford to sponsor us (doesn't matter how small/large the donation is), then we would greatly appreciate it. We ran in memory of our Nan, who died from cancer just over 2 years ago and it would mean a lot to us if we could reach our target.

You can sponsor us online here: http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/jandsfranklin

Thanks,

Jennifer

I would buy I can't afford it / have no cash 'cos I'm 16.

I'm sorry to hear about your nan and all the best.

Hope that you raise your target. :)

Thanks David and Matt for the sponsorship, its really appreciated! :)

There's still time to sponsor us, not quite at the target yet!!

Last edited:
but due to some of our friends promising to sponsor us and then not getting around to it
Happy to have sponsored you, Jennifer - but don't let your friends get away with not putting their money where their mouths were. What sort of friend would make such a promise and then not fulfil it?

:confused:

Happy to have sponsored you, Jennifer - but don't let your friends get away with not putting their money where their mouths were. What sort of friend would make such a promise and then not fulfil it?

:confused:

Yeah, you're right, will have to make sure they pay up! Knew I could rely on my fellow shrimpers for some support though.

Thanks to Rayleigh Weir and Bob Cratchitt for their donations, please keep the sponsorship money coming. :)

Back