• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can men be 100% faithful for life?

Can a man be faithful for life?

• Yes

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 51.5%
  • I stay away from women as they interfere with my main hobby - guns.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Desert Shrimper

The Oil Baron
A discussion occurred in the office this morning that I thought I would bring to the Shrimperzone public. One of the women here has a boyfriend who works 6 months of the year away in France and has done so for most of their 7 year relationship. She is adamant that he has never, ever played away during this time despite the fact that he is a young(ish) good looking fella away with his (mostly single) mates. The other women in the office also were completely convinced that their fellas had never strayed and that they wouldn't really have it in them to do it. This is at odds with my experience, as I'm struggling to think of more than a handful of mates in long-term relationships who haven't played away at least once. Men seem to have a weak spot in this area. So, the question is this - assuming a man meets his betrothed in his mid 20's/early 30's - can he be faithful to one woman for the rest of his natural life? Potentially 50+ years.....

This poll is a private one by the way!

Last edited:
Never... if God had intended you to stay with one bird he wouldn't have invented other birds *

* = nicked from Men Behaving Badly

Good Question mate .... Personally I think it can work two ways ....The overall point being "if you dont grow together you grow apart"..Some people throughout life have the same friends, the same outlooks, the same goals , the same views on things etc etc. These people seem very happy and content with "Growing" together.

The flip side is ...Why stay in something A: because maybe you have children or B: because you are both deepdown unhappy or finance wise

I think we all know in our hearts if something isnt right ..it is sometimes just having the bollox to move on and maybe give that other person the space to find happiness elsewhere as well.....

In summary if you are gonna cheat on your partner ..you will then somewhere in your mind think its possible they could do the same to you.

And without trust you have nothing .

In my experience this question should be about women. I was married for 17 years and had met her 2 1/2 years previously and managed to keep it in my pants for all of that time, She on the other hand....<bitter ramblings to be continued....>

I actually think no - the majority of men cannot stay 100% faithful for life. But, as with everything this works both ways. Women also cheat so I wouldnt say it was strictly men. However, its seems more often than not, the men stray, not really sure what is wrong with them. Its prob more than likley because the brains are located in between the legs. Although not wanting to tar all men with the same brush obviously!

Unfortunately a lot of men cheat thinking that the grass is greener and live to regret it. I have had bf's in the past that have cheated on me, Ive got rid of them and then they come back with their tail between their legs which by then is too late.

Thesedays I think it is too easy for people to stray, what with email, text messaging etc. Back in the day you had contact through housephones and that was it! Now there is the oppurtunity for people to be more sneaky and it is easier for people to have affairs etc.

Personally I have never cheated in my life and I never will. If you dont want to be with someone then split up with them! At the end of the day if you love someone enough then you just woudnt do it.

Well, I have been married for 18 years know and have never cheated! But, in all fairness, it comes down to trust. My wife often goes out with single friends and I have never once thought than other than a bit of flirting(which we all do) that she would do the dirty on me because I would simply now. She is incapable of hiding anything from me so, except her phone bill and vice versa. We have quite an open relationship in the sense that we both accept that we are capable of finding other people attractive (thats just being human) but we never step over the line so to speak.
There seems to be so much suspicion and jealousy around relationships now days that it tends to spoil everything and causes endless headaches, however men are definatly controlled mostly by the little generals antics and it is almost impossible for us mere mortals to suppress our inner needs........ so on that note all round mine for a swinging party then (joke).

Yeah I think it is possible for men to stay faithful. Yeah i've had a couple who have cheated, but also a couple who didnt and it just ended cos either me or him moved.

Ive also never cheated. Whats the point? If you dont want to be with someone, why be with them?

However, its seems more often than not, the men stray, not really sure what is wrong with them. Its prob more than likley because the brains are located in between the legs. Although not wanting to tar all men with the same brush obviously!

No that's fair enough. Any physician will back you up. Makes much more sense keeping your vital organs together but pretending it's in one of the most exposed parts.

Why do you think we wince so much when we take one in 'the knackers'?

Ive also never cheated. Whats the point? If you dont want to be with someone, why be with them?

Cos they would take you to the ****** cleaners....

Ive been faithfull for 11 years, and most of my mates have also.

I do think however that men are biologically built to want to mate with more than one femalr and we arent naturally designed to be with one.

Thats what Ill tell the divorce lawyer anyway.

Steak at home eh?

It's a Paul Newman quote - His second marriage to the actress Joanne Woodward is one of Hollywood's most enduring. Asked why he'd never cheated in 50 years Newman said, "Why fool around with hamburgers when you have steak at home?"

Back