• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Can not recieve e-mails?????

Aberdeen Shrimper

The Man who sold the world
Brain picking time.

Just set up an e-mail account on the laptop exactly the same as the one on our home PC....tested the account and it will send e-mail but not receive them. I have checked the pops address and it is correct.

The exact same settings are on the home PC as are on the laptop so i can not work out what the problem is....Any one got a clue

AHHHHHHH

Now when i hit the @ symbol on the keyboard it comes out as a "

and the pages scroll really weird, they kind of jump.

right....it kind of worked but it keeps defaulting back to US, even after i have changed it on the language bar.

There must be somewhere else that you can default it to UK instead of US

with the email account, can you receive email on the desktop PC?

Email has two servers an incoming server (POP) and an outgoing server (SMTP), your outgoing server might be down.

Both pop3 and smtp3 work on the home PC but the exact same settings do not work on the laptop

Sussed the keyboard problem

Control Panel > Regional and Language settings > Language tab > Details.....the keyboard was defaulted to US

Now just the odd way the pages scroll down and the pop3 to sort out

Check to see if you have scroll lock on. If not, the solution might come to me eventually. I'm sure I've had this problem before too.

Check to see if you have scroll lock on. If not, the solution might come to me eventually. I'm sure I've had this problem before too.

Not that mate........although it appears to be scrolling and if i drag a box/window, it judders across the screen quite slowly

Besides, numlock does not effect a laptop does it?

Back