• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ben Coker has been brilliant, as has John White.
Given the restrictions on him I think PB has done a very decent job in the players he's got in.

Can Phil Brown pick a player of what? phwoar

Not to mention the transformations of Straker, Leonard and Eastwood.

Bravo Mr Brown:clap:

Interesting with regard to Penney and Coughlan. Coughlan seems to have gone more into the "backroom" since the start of the season .......... and Penney (who was initially sitting in the stands) has come (a little) more forward ....... but that might not be at all significant and may be more to do with the workload at the beginning of the season and the three men (Brown, Penny and Coughlan) getting to know each other a bit better.

I saw Penney pull over John White in one game (during an injury break) and they had a wee chat about the game - I am not always sure this makes much of a difference but when the league is so tight, every little adjustment can help put the 3 points in the bag.

Bob Shaw has a good reputation for finding good players as well according to Brown.Maybe he had some input as well

i do think its more a Penney & Shaw job then brown, but he picks the team and watches em train all week, so a great team effort from the management

And surely that is what it is all about, Teamwork. Get a decent set of team members who can work together and the sum of the parts can exceed their individual talents (both players and management).

Bob Shaw has a good reputation for finding good players as well according to Brown.Maybe he had some input as well

bob shaw totally crap finding non league players in Essex has we didn't go for vassell from bish some one we need pace up front also the list goes on we missed out on about 10 players we missed who are playing league footy... we must get local Essex players to move up and play with pride

Brown has added well in places (the full backs) but I've not been overly impressed by what he's brought in up front. As such it's a mixed bag. You have to remember that the nucleus of the side is still Sturrock's. What's impressive is that Brown has taken the same group and implemented a far more attractive style of play.

bob shaw totally crap finding non league players in Essex has we didn't go for vassell from bish some one we need pace up front also the list goes on we missed out on about 10 players we missed who are playing league footy... we must get local Essex players to move up and play with pride
Nothing new in southend not signing local non league players,as for Vassell he would have seen Peterborough as a more attractive destination,wages etc.Shaw built a good name scouted in europe which i must admit is maybe not the best for our player recruitment.He descovered Negredo and Cavainni before they made mega money moves,but i dont think Hull could agree fees for them

Back