• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
As we drive in from Chelmsford (and don't normally arrive until 10 minutes before KO) I have generally found parking somewhere around Southend Hospital to be the easiest, usually Hillborough Road/Carlingford Drive.

At the last couple of home games I have noticed that they are putting up "residents only" signs and think that our days of parking there are either over or numbered.

Anyone got any other suggestions for latecomers on the North West side of the ground?

Alternatively how much is a car parking season ticket at Southend High School for Boys as it doesn't appear in the season ticket brochure?

As far as I'm aware the Southend High for Boys car parking isn't anything, officially, to do with SUFC so it wouldn't be in any of their bumpf. I believe they only do pay on the day.

Most of the area you talk about will be residents parking or, obviously even more limited than now for those that aren't. Funnily enough the residents scheme was coincidentally, I'm sure, coupled with a sharp increase in parking charges at the hospital, if you can find a space in the first place of course.

Arriving so close to K.O. you are limiting yourself where to park. Id suggest leaving ealier.
Failing that, park up on a side road off west road, around the palace theatre area. Ten minute walk max.

P.S. Anychance of a lift en-route :smile: ?

This new scheme shouldn't have an impact on parking during Southend games. The restricted parking is only between 9.30 - 4.30 mon to fri

Really? The signs I saw going up didn't have any days or times on them so I assumed it was 24/7

Possibly for the resident bays but they're also laying down lots of single yellow lines around the hospital area that can be parked on outside of the hours I stated above. Also it doesn't look like all the signage and lines have been completed yet.
I would still be hopeful that you should be able to park around that area without too much trouble on match days.

the end of carlingford drive near hobleythick lane has been given double yellows. it seems to have forced most people onto hobleythick lane itself which has hardly made that busy road any safer as there were more cars on that road for the last home game than normally there would be.

why double yellows are needed when a single yellow with weekday 9-5 parking restrictions would have sufficed is beyond me. it does get very busy round there during the week so presume they have done it to ease that issue.

i live in the area and can confirm you can park in the residents bays and single yellows after 4.30pm

i live in the area and can confirm you can park in the residents bays and single yellows after 4.30pm
Is that Monday to Friday? As already pointed out above, the permit holder only signs I have seen do not mention a time or day restriction. So those ones must be 24 x 7?

Is that Monday to Friday? As already pointed out above, the permit holder only signs I have seen do not mention a time or day restriction. So those ones must be 24 x 7?

9.30am - 4.30pm monday to friday
times and restrictions are posted on 'controlled area'
zone signs

The Southend Boys parking is never confirmed until later on because the contract is renewed on a yearly basis and the school won't sign it until they've confirmed all their arrangements for the new school year.

Parking off West Road is not great close to kick off. If you can bear a brisk 10 mins, the car park at the top of Hamlet Court Road is normally pretty good for evening games, and the Civic Centre is free evenings too. Otherwise, you're looking at something three or four roads west of Shakespeare Drive. Must admit, I wasn't aware that those residents' bays were time restrictive.

Alternatively how much is a car parking season ticket at Southend High School for Boys as it doesn't appear in the season ticket brochure?

Talk to the guys on the gate. They will do you a season ticket and the money will go straight into school funds. It is about £70. I believe there was a problem in the past getting a contribution from SUFC for the season tickets the Club sold.

Parking off West Road is not great close to kick off. If you can bear a brisk 10 mins, the car park at the top of Hamlet Court Road is normally pretty good for evening games, and the Civic Centre is free evenings too. Otherwise, you're looking at something three or four roads west of Shakespeare Drive. Must admit, I wasn't aware that those residents' bays were time restrictive.

According to the Council website Hamlet Court Road and the Civic Centre are both now pay 24/7.

Just had a thought. Fridays game is 3pm kick off. Is the exclusion still in place on Bank Holidays? If anyone near or living in the area can let us know. Thanks.

I think the exclusion says Mon to Fri, it doesn't mention anything about weekends or bank holidays.
My thoughts are that as tomorrow is a Friday, regardless of it being a bank holiday, you won't be able to park in the residents bays or on the single yellow lines until after 4.30.
You could of course take a chance but I wouldn't. I could see tomorrow being a perfect opportunity for the wardens to meet their ticketing targets as they know some people will be ignorant of the new scheme.

Back