• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Great news... but I'd have swopped it for win on Saturday.

Having said that - who do we fancy in Round 4?

There are some big names left... Arsenal, Everton, Watford and Villa are definitely through. I'd take any of them at the Hall (or Arsenal away).

Birmingham also won. No thanks.

"Damp Squib" games would be Chesterfield, Wycombe, Port Vale or Notts County.

Tomorrow we have 4 all Prem games - Blackburn v Chelsea, Newcastle v Portsmouth, Charlton v Bolton and Liverpool v Reading.

MK Dons v Spurs and Crewe v Man Utd make up the round. Assuming those 2 games go to form we will have a 62.5% chance of drawing Prem opposition in round 4.

If we do get a lower league side then please let it be at home.

Interestingly enough, only us and Birmingham survive from the CCC. Port Vale and Chesterfield are the only teams through from league 1 (can't see Crewe winning) and there is also 2 from league 2 - Wycombe and Notts County.

If I had a preference I'd say

1) Man Utd - home
2) Arsenal - away
3) Spurs - away
4) Man Utd away
5) Arsenal or Spurs at home
6) Anyone else at home except MK Dons
7) Anyone else away except MK Dons
8) MK Dons

is the draw tomorrow (like they suggested on the radio) or on sat?

mmm, i thought it was on saturdays, but i spose it would be better the quicker the draw. Although not normal to have a draw late at night on a week day night

The draw for Round Four is tomorrow after the live coverage of Crewe Alexandra v Manchester United, as confirmed by the official Football League website. Quite normal ... it was the same last season. And the season before that, mainly because there are still so many "little" teams in the competition. The draws resort back to Saturday for Round 5 onwards once all the "obscure" clubs have been dismissed with by the big guns. Or at least that's the theory ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 24 2006,23:20)]1) Man Utd - home
2) Arsenal - away
3) Spurs - away
4) Man Utd away
5) Arsenal or Spurs at home
6) Anyone else at home except MK Dons
7) Anyone else away except MK Dons
8) MK Dons
My preference would be either Arsenal or Manure away so that we can make loads of money to spend in January, or someone like Chesterfield at home so that we have a better chance to progress.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Assuming those 2 games go to form we will have a 62.5% chance of drawing Prem opposition in round 4.

Sorry Mark but 16 teams left, we cant draw ourselves leaving possible 15 others, 10 prem sides possibly left in if all goes to form....therefore a 66.666666% chance of drawing a prem side

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ramblers shrimp @ Oct. 25 2006,08:07)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Assuming those 2 games go to form we will have a 62.5% chance of drawing Prem opposition in round 4.

Sorry Mark but 16 teams left, we cant draw ourselves leaving possible 15 others, 10 prem sides possibly left in if all goes to form....therefore a 66.666666% chance of drawing a prem side

biggrin.gif
Chesterfield away it is then.

laugh.gif

Personally any of the big prem 5 away for me

The likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs will put out decent sides whereas Arsenal and Manure will put out the kids

But knowing us and our cup draws most probably be a trip to Meadow Lane or Saltergate

[b said:
Quote[/b] (statski77 @ Oct. 25 2006,08:31)]Personally any of the big prem 5 away for me

The likes of Liverpool, Chelsea and Spurs will put out decent sides whereas Arsenal and Manure will put out the kids

But knowing us and our cup draws most probably be a trip to Meadow Lane or Saltergate
I just want the cash an away game at Arsenal or Manure would bring.

Got to be a big London cub away. Travelling to Manchester on a week day night will be a nightmare, although I'm sure it won't bother me too much!

I'd go for either Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea please Mr Drawmaster.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 25 2006,08:56)]Got to be a big London cub away. Travelling to Manchester on a week day night will be a nightmare, although I'm sure it won't bother me too much!

I want Chelsea away, so I can go from work

smile.gif

Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea

Pleeeeeaaaaaasssseeeee for once can we have a decent draw.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 25 2006,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 25 2006,08:56)]Got to be a big London cub away. Travelling to Manchester on a week day night will be a nightmare, although I'm sure it won't bother me too much!

I want Chelsea away, so I can go from work

smile.gif
you won't be allocated a ticket as you have not got a season ticket!!! Part time supporter eh!!
wink.gif
wink.gif

Back