• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ldnfatso @ Oct. 25 2006,12:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Oct. 25 2006,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Oct. 25 2006,08:56)]Got to be a big London cub away. Travelling to Manchester on a week day night will be a nightmare, although I'm sure it won't bother me too much!

I'd go for either Spurs, Arsenal or Chelsea please Mr Drawmaster.
I want Chelsea away, so I can go from work

smile.gif
you won't be allocated a ticket as you have not got a season ticket!!! Part time supporter eh!!
wink.gif

wink.gif
where there's a will, there's a way

smile.gif

Premiership away (preferably Arsenal - despite their reserves).

If we do get one of the lower league teams, then at home.

Worst possible draw = Birmingham anywhere.

Is the Carling Cup similar in terms of ticket allocation and gate receipts to the FA Cup, whereby I think you get 10% of the total ground capacity allocated to the visiting team and 50-50 split on gate receipts? I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong
tounge.gif

Away teams get 15% of the home sides ground capacity (Can possibly be increased if the FA receives this request) So for instance if we get drawn at The Emirates, that would mean around 9,000 tickets!..

Both sides take 45% of the gate money, the other 10% goes to The FA.

Knowledge is the bomb, I thank you!..

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 25 2006,14:17)]Away teams get 15% of the home sides ground capacity (Can possibly be increased if the FA receives this request) So for instance if we get drawn at The Emirates, that would mean around 9,000 tickets!..

tounge.gif
Excellent knowledge Smithy!!

Therefore my preferred fixture at Old Trafford would mean approx 11,000 tickets and based on about 40,000 in attendance at an average price of £25 per ticket would give us approx £450k.

Anyway I will get back to reality and look forward to Chesterfield away on a Tuesday night, open end píssing it down with rain!!!

I'm hoping for Notts County at home - surely an easy passage into the Q-F's.

Hope that Chesterfield draw Wycombe and we get the winner of that tie in the Q-F's at home.

Then a nice two legged semi against Man U.

I'd take Chelsea in the Final.:D

The question then is who do we fancy in the firts round of the UEFA Cup. Shakhtar Donetsk anyone?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 25 2006,15:16)]I'm hoping for Notts County at home - surely an easy passage into the Q-F's.
Be careful what you wish for.
I can see the goalflash on SSN now

Southend 0 - 1 Notts County - Lawrie Dudfield 89

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Oct. 25 2006,07:02)]The draw for Round Four is tomorrow after the live coverage of Crewe Alexandra v Manchester United, as confirmed by the official Football League website. Quite normal ... it was the same last season. And the season before that, mainly because there are still so many "little" teams in the competition. The draws resort back to Saturday for Round 5 onwards once all the "obscure" clubs have been dismissed with by the big guns. Or at least that's the theory ...
rock.gif

So what's the thinking behind that theory, then? This draw is the only one in the Carling Cup to be made on a Wednesday, all the others have been/will be made on a Saturday, meaning there were still plenty of "little" clubs being drawn in the Second and Third Rounds on a Saturday...

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Smiffy @ Oct. 25 2006,14:17)]Away teams get 15% of the home sides ground capacity (Can possibly be increased if the FA receives this request) So for instance if we get drawn at The Emirates, that would mean around 9,000 tickets!..

tounge.gif
Good knowledge, Smiffy - apart from the bits about the FA. They're not involved as the Carling Cup is a Football League competition, not an FA one.

Should the away team wish to have more than 15% of the home team's capacity, then this request must be made to the Football League within three days of the draw.

The remaining 10% of the net gate receipts do not go to the FA, but into the Competition Pool. The money raised this way is then distributed at the end of the competition, with half going to all Premier League clubs and the other half going to all 72 Football League clubs.

tounge.gif

Don't you think it's disgusting how the Premiersh!te takes 50% of the 'pool money' and us non-important clubs get the other 50% shared between the lot of us...

Something wrong there...

I think it should be distributed evenly across ALL FOUR Leagues (25% each) or maybe even a little more for clubs outside the Prem.

Not right that isn't, not right.

sad.gif

Absolutely, or have it given just to the Football League teams and not at all to the Premiership, seeing as it is a Football League competition....

But sadly, I fear this will have been one of the deals struck with the Premiership to ensure their clubs still take part in the competition. Their answer to everything - give us the money and we'll consider it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 25 2006,15:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C C Csiders @ Oct. 25 2006,15:16)]I'm hoping for Notts County at home - surely an easy passage into the Q-F's.
Be careful what you wish for.
I can see the goalflash on SSN now

Southend 0 - 1 Notts County - Lawrie Dudfield 89
Southend 0 - 2 Notts County - Jason Lee 90

Thats still the draw I'm hoping for though.

Back