• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Casting The A-team

Rayleigh Weir

Not just a roundabout⭐
Had a slightly spooky e-mail discussion with some chums at work today about the A-team. Basically the supposition was that if you were responsible for casting an A-team film and had to pick the Hollywood A-list stars of today to fill the title roles, who would you choose?

Half a dozen people came up with an almost identical list of candidates. So my question to the ShrimperZone faithful is - who would be your Hannibal, Face, BA and Murdock?...

Maybe Will Smith could be the new black Murdock.

What do you reckon?

Hey, I'm all for reinventing old TV shows for a modern audience, but I do think some things are sacred, and I'm pretty certain the A-team is one of them - next you'll be telling us that Whoopi Goldberg* could be Hannibal, or that someone could get hurt when they're shot at...

*Ridiculous, because she's female and not very soldierly, not because she's black - just wanted to clear that up before I get accused of anything...

i would think George Clooney as Hannibal - Michael Clarke Duncan as BA - Will Ferrell as Murdock and as Face anyone who happens to be the ladies favourite at the time

i would think George Clooney as Hannibal - Michael Clarke Duncan as BA - Will Ferrell as Murdock and as Face anyone who happens to be the ladies favourite at the time

I could be "Face" if i was 10 years older..:whistling:

That's two out of the four that most people came up with - everyone struggled with Faceman - I guess the current crop of heart-throbs just aren't smarmy enough to carry it off...

Had a slightly spooky e-mail discussion with some chums at work today about the A-team. Basically the supposition was that if you were responsible for casting an A-team film and had to pick the Hollywood A-list stars of today to fill the title roles, who would you choose?

Half a dozen people came up with an almost identical list of candidates. So my question to the ShrimperZone faithful is - who would be your Hannibal, Face, BA and Murdock?...

Shut up..FOOL

Jim Carrey as Murdoch
Mel Gibson as Hannibal
Brad Pitt as Face
Michael Clarke Duncan as BA

Brad Pitt seems the obvious choice for Face, the Rock would be a pretty good BA, George Clooney or Pierce Brosnan for Hannibal and Jim Carrey or Johnny Depp in manic mode for Howlin' Mad Murdoch.

My son seems to think it is already in the making with Morgan Freeman as BA and Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal.

I'm not sure if he is winding me up - it will have to be renamed the OAP Team with them in it!!

My son seems to think it is already in the making with Morgan Freeman as BA and Anthony Hopkins as Hannibal.

I'm not sure if he is winding me up - it will have to be renamed the OAP Team with them in it!!

Seems like there is something planned... nothing like a good rumour. Maybe we can hijack the site and put our own favourites for leading characters up there

Like most people I had George Clooney as Hannibal - just seems the obvious choice.
Michael Clarke Duncan seemed to be practically everyone's choice for BA - although I thought that it should be Samuel L Jackson. If Djimon Hounsou could nail the accent I'd have had him though.
Johnny Depp was the Murdock for me (although if I could have thought of a better Faceman Brad Pitt's crazy turn in 12 Monkeys might have clinched it for him).
Face I really struggled with - he needs to be charming, attractive to the ladies, but also a little bit smarmy and insincere - the best I could do with the time allowed was the Pittster...

My turn to resurrect an old thread and update it with the latest information. I've just seen the actual cast-list for the A-team remake and we were all waaaay off...

Col. John 'Hannibal' Smith - Liam Neeson
Lt. Templeton 'Faceman' Peck - Bradley Cooper
Capt. 'Howling Mad' Murdock - Sharlto Copley
Sgt. Bosco 'B.A.' Baracus - Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson

I'm sure Liam Neeson needs no introduction. His recent turns in Taken and as Zeus would be good preparation for the Hannibal role and have probably just about removed enough traces of Love Actually, so I can see this working Ok...

Bradley Cooper has done the smarmy, charmy comedy role a fair bit recently - The Hangover, All About Steve and He's Just Not That Into You, so he certainly fits my criteria for a Faceman.

Sharlto Copley I've only ever seen as Wikus(?) in District 9 (watched this really recently and thought it was great) - he's certainly got a bit of the Mad Dog prescence - even before the action gets going in District 9 (no spoilers, but you know what I'm talking about if you've seen it) he was slightly twitchy and on edge.

Being middle-aged rather than teenaged I've never heard of Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson, but I just googled for a pic and damn! he looks the part...

Any thoughts? Am I hoping too much for a loving homage to the TV of my youth?

Back