• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron Manager

I was asked to do the match report at 2-35 pm yesterday, just as I was getting ready to leave the pub to head for the ground. Of course I agreed, 'ask not what SZ can do for you....' and all that.

However I am very saddened to see that my match report was edited before being put on the site, removing comments I'd made about Mark Gower. It was nothing too OTT or malicious, I merely commented on how much of the talk in my part of the ground in the second half was how unfit Gower looked. I stated that whilst on his day he is arguably one of the best players in this division yesterday he was half the player he can be because of his poor physical condition.

I can't for the life of me think why this was taken out of the report, is Marky Gower's number now in the phones of Leeboy and Napster alongside Che's..........?

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Feb. 27 2005,18:13)]I was asked to do the match report at 2-35 pm yesterday, just as I was getting ready to leave the pub to head for the ground. Of course I agreed, 'ask not what SZ can do for you....' and all that.

However I am very saddened to see that my match report was edited before being put on the site, removing comments I'd made about Mark Gower. It was nothing too OTT or malicious, I merely commented on how much of the talk in my part of the ground in the second half was how unfit Gower looked. I stated that whilst on his day he is arguably one of the best players in this division yesterday he was half the player he can be because of his poor physical condition.

I can't for the life of me think why this was taken out of the report, is Marky Gower's number now in the phones of Leeboy and Napster alongside Che's..........?

wink.gif
laugh.gif

It must be Bob Cratchitt who actually puts the reports up on the site - Leeboy was scathing about Gower yesterday + Napper usually sits in his armchair on a Saturday afternoon now.
biggrin.gif

Justified censorship. How dare you besmirch the good name of Gower. The one player we have that will play for England, probably single handedly winning the World cup for our wonderful country. You should be ashamed to tarnish his fantastic prowess, fitness or ability. As for suggesting that SZ rulers have his phone number and that of Che...Well! Off to the stocks with you. Rotten tomatoes heading your way!

Thats what i like to see. The owners of the site denying all responsibility instead of trying to find out what has happened and then reportiing back. Easy to blame others!! Not so easy to maintain a site!!

I am not sure what you mean by this censorship claim?
rock.gif

It probably was a cust n paste f**k up, as i was trying to get the report up whilst having a nagging wife moaning about the fact I should be taking my daughter out.

Of course if the owners actually got themselves the technology to actually run a website then they would not have to rely on this moron who keeps cocking up. Or maybe ORM would want to volunteer after all he is doing such a great job managing SZFC.

mad.gif

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]However I am very saddened to see that my match report was edited before being put on the site, removing comments I'd made about Mark Gower. It was nothing too OTT or malicious, I merely commented on how much of the talk in my part of the ground in the second half was how unfit Gower looked. I stated that whilst on his day he is arguably one of the best players in this division yesterday he was half the player he can be because of his poor physical condition.

I feel Gower was easily our worst player on saturday.

As I have posted previously, after the Northampton match I was informed by club staff that "Mark Gower is not well enough to manage 90 minutes" . I was not told , nor did I ask, just what is wrong with him.
It was plain to see on Saturday , that after a sprint upfield, he was bent double possibly trying to get his breath.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Bob Cratchitt @ Feb. 28 2005,13:44)]Of course if the owners actually got themselves the technology to actually run a website then they would not have to rely on this moron who keeps cocking up. Or maybe ORM would want to volunteer after all he is doing such a great job managing SZFC.
Those who put their head above the trench shouldn't be surprised when the odd sniper's bullet flies past their head.
tounge.gif

Btw SZFC haven't been beaten for 8 days now.
laugh.gif

Thank god, we have Nicolau if Gower is not currently up to it, take him out and to whatever is needed to get him ready for Lincoln, Wrexham, Cheltenham

Back