• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well done to Chelsea on getting an unlikely draw in Barcelona last night, they were unlucky to lose Cahill through injury and further hampered when Terry managed to get himself stupidly sent off. I'm pleased that Chelsea have gone through if only to shut up the cretinous commentators who have constantly fawned over Barcelona. Best team ever & Messi the greatest player ever, my arse.

Amazing performance, and great to see that terrys stupidity had damaged no one but himself.

I hate that smug git Terry. He still didn't own up to it though!

A great result brought about by pure grit and determination!

Well done to Chelsea on getting an unlikely draw in Barcelona last night, they were unlucky to lose Cahill through injury and further hampered when Terry managed to get himself stupidly sent off. I'm pleased that Chelsea have gone through if only to shut up the cretinous commentators who have constantly fawned over Barcelona. Best team ever & Messi the greatest player ever, my arse.

What do you think Messi has to do in order to get that title?

Amazing game. It had everything you would want from such a massive game. You have to say well done to chelsea, to get a result their with 14 men would be hard enough let alone 10 especially for such a long time. I've seen barca play at home a few times against good teams and never seen them struggle so much. Yes they created chances but not as many as normal. They have to get another main striker to help messi as they rely on him to much. Yes they have David Villa but he has a serious injury.

In fairness theyve had a couple of dodgy games but are without doubt been one of the best teams ever . They hit the woodwork 4 times over the 2 games, couldve easily been different. Messi has single handedly destroyed most teams in this competition in his career, he has 63 goals this season alone! Barcelona will continue to be fawned over because they paly brilliant football, Chelsea just stuck everyone behind the ball and hit it long to Drogba or Torres. This time it worked, another time they could be on the end of a hiding.

I found myself strangely wanting Chel$ki to upset the odds, much like when we played them a few years ago. :unsure:

Barcelona may as well not bother playing football. As soon as they lose, people like yourself seemingly discount every other incredible achievement over the past 5 years and say they are not that good. Ridiculous.

I'm glad they lost last night because, as a neutral, a competition is better when there is plurality of winners, but to use it as a claim that they're not very good is wrong.

jeff shreeves made me laugh when he intervied ivanovich and happily informed him he was out of the final.I thought he was going to knock him out.Great result for Bill garners other side.

Barcelona are fantastic, but they've had a poor run of 3 games.

Also, anyone else think that players shouldn't be banned due to accumulated yellows for the final? it seems very harsh that 3 yellows across 10 games sees you get a ban.

Didn't watch last night, canvey sent me a text in code but i honestly didnt have a clue what he was on about

Chel$ki and SKY are fundamentally guilty of ruining the game i love with the money they've tossed at it

Listening to all the bollocks on SSN it sounds like they could be without 4 or 5 players for the final ... meh

Win a World Cup single footedly like Maradonna did in 1986.

In fairness theyve had a couple of dodgy games but are without doubt been one of the best teams ever . They hit the woodwork 4 times over the 2 games, couldve easily been different. Messi has single handedly destroyed most teams in this competition in his career, he has 63 goals this season alone! Barcelona will continue to be fawned over because they paly brilliant football, Chelsea just stuck everyone behind the ball and hit it long to Drogba or Torres. This time it worked, another time they could be on the end of a hiding.

I'm not gainsaying Barcelona are a very good side, and Messi is a terrific (not great as yet) player, Great is overused IMO particularly where football is concerned abd certainly since 1992 when many think football was invented. I happen to think there's been better teams than this current Barcelona team. The Real Madrid side of the 50's, Ajax, Bayern & Liverpool of the 70's. AC Milan of the 90's and Manchester United of the late 90's. Additionally as one off winners I think Celtic in 1967 & Manchester United in 1968 were better teams. It's all about opinions.

Barcelona may as well not bother playing football. As soon as they lose, people like yourself seemingly discount every other incredible achievement over the past 5 years and say they are not that good. Ridiculous.

I'm glad they lost last night because, as a neutral, a competition is better when there is plurality of winners, but to use it as a claim that they're not very good is wrong.

Where did I say they aren't that good? This side is terrific, but IMO they aren't the greatest side ever. What I get annoyed about and is as I've said is the commentators who think that Barcelona can do no wrong, it's the same with Brazil in World Cups, and IMO a case of the Kings new clothes.

I recognise they are a good side and easy on the eye, score for fun and in Xavi, Iniesta, Messi & Villa (when fit) 4 of the best players in the world today. But greatest side ever not IMO.

I believe its been posted before that the best side canvey ever saw was the one that plundered 222 goals for us in winning the Southern League Div 2 title, Harold Halse helping himself to 91 of them

Or was that Creakys ?? :cricko:

I believe its been posted before that the best side canvey ever saw was the one that plundered 222 goals for us in winning the Southern League Div 2 title, Harold Halse helping himself to 91 of them

Or was that Creakys ?? :cricko:

Just slightly before my time. And sorry for the coded text it wasn't meant for you so I don't know why you read it. :dim:

LOL .. i remember it said something about 2009 but you sent it around half 9 and i'd had 3 pints since just after 8pm so was totally baffled :dizzy:

Tuck away a penalty in a Champions League semi-final? Cracking player though, and I guess that technically, hitting the crossbar is harder than hitting the net...

Win a World Cup single footedly like Maradonna did in 1986.

At the end of the day, a World Cup is nothing more than a knock-out cup competition. Messi is 24 years old and is already the top scorer in the history of Barcelona. He's scored 163 goals in the last three seasons. That's an incomprehensible number of goals. Maradona never had even a fraction of that goal threat.

Maradona was amazing in 86 and 90 (when surrounded by an otherwise very mediocre Argentina side). Winning Serie A and getting to back to back World Cup Finals pretty much single-handedly are amazing achievements but week in, week out Messi delivers in such a way that I think we sometimes take it for granted and don't appreciate what a special talent it is that we're watching.

Back