• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
.....Doncaster, Barnsley, Notts Forest.

With the amount of parachute money being thrown around these days to ex-Prem clubs it looks like a gap is opening up between League One and the Championship, even Forest and Donny who I thought would do ok this season are finding it hard.

I can see it being tougher for us (slightly less if we are in FF and the finances are good) to consolidate as our resources are less than the 3 teams down there at the moment.

Last edited:
.....Doncaster, Barnsley, Notts Forest.

With the amount of parachute money being thrown around these days to ex-Prem clubs it looks like a gap is opening up between League One and the Championship, even Forest and Donny who I thought would do ok this season are finding it hard.

I can see it being tougher for us (slightly less if we are in FF and the finances are good) to consolidate as our resources are less than the 3 teams down there at the moment.

Sad but true Kenny, sad but true :'(

That's what makes me laugh when I hear people moan about money going towards the stadium rather than players, or fans as clueless as Col Ewe's regaling any poor sod who strays within earshot with tales of how they are Championship material.

Fossett's Farm, and continued efforts to cultivate the next generation of fans, are what may just give us a fighting chance of stepping up another level on anything other than a short term basis. Compared to those things, which players happen to be passing through our ever changing squad at this moment is of very little long term significance.

It is a worrying fact that the gap is very large, they get bigger the higher up the ladder you go. However that has always been the case, it is just the case that each gap is bigger than it used to be. I do concur that the building of FF is a massive step towards making that gap and achieveable one to breach.

We played Hull the season before last and they were shocking!! Anything is possible.

We played Hull the season before last and they were shocking!! Anything is possible.

Couldn't agree more. In our Championship season, only 2 years ago, we were fighting it out at the bottom of the table with Hull, they were behind us for large periods. Now they are beating Arsenal at the Emirates in the Prem League. To quote a well know sports brand - impossible is nothing ;)

Yeah but Hull are now reaping the rewards of a new stadium and the increased support that it brings. Their gates shot up as soon as they moved to the KC and they haven't looke back since.

Back