• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceman Spiff

Attila the Admin ⭐
Staff member
Just looking at the table in the Championship to see who out of the sides finishing in the top places would be most likely to kick on and challenge again next year, and it occurred to me that:

1) The top 3 all got promoted
2) 4th placed Preston are about to lose their manager
3) 5th placed Leeds will be hard up next year as their parachute payments will have finished, so they could sell players
4) 6th placed Crystal Palace look set to lose their manager and Andy Johnson

So what's there to be afraid of boys? Just the three relegated sides, but Sunderland dont look too strong - I think the two midlands sides will be the two strongest next year. Apart from that though, we've got nothing to be afraid of IMO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spaceman Spiff @ May 21 2006,21:41)]Just looking at the table in the Championship to see who out of the sides finishing in the top places would be most likely to kick on and challenge again next year, and it occurred to me that:

1) The top 3 all got promoted
2) 4th placed Preston are about to lose their manager
3) 5th placed Leeds will be hard up next year as their parachute payments will have finished, so they could sell players
4) 6th placed Crystal Palace look set to lose their manager and Andy Johnson

So what's there to be afraid of boys? Just the three relegated sides, but Sunderland dont look too strong - I think the two midlands sides will be the two strongest next year. Apart from that though, we've got nothing to be afraid of IMO.
I agree!

Who's for more renditions come what May of, "With Tilly and Brush, we're going up". "Premiership we're having a laugh".

I for one will be placing the same bet as my winning League One wager!

UP THE BLUES!

With the obvious team spirit the squad has, and a couple of quality players added, I think we will be fine.

Promotion? Maybe not - lets get established in the Championship and get the new ground built. I couldn't take another hike in my season ticket ! !
tounge.gif

WBA and Brum will set the pace I reckon... if Palace get a decent replacement for Dowie and get some good money for Johnson then they still might be in the mix.

It'll be an open division yes but lets not get carried away here, I'm sure we're all 95% certain we won't be in the mix at the top - I think some are underestimating just how much of a jump it is from L1 to the Championship.

I think Leeds shouldn't be underestimated. They have some good players through the core of their team, large attendances and Bates seems to be acting a little more prudently than before. Apparently, with their cup runs and revenues from the playoffs, they will bemaking money they didn't budget for and so may well have money to spend to reinforce the squad.

Back