• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Changes to refuse and recycling waste in Southend.

Do they wash out the dirty/smelly bins with detergent/disinfectant before putting back neatly in your front garden?
We pay a company something like £50 a year to clean our bins once a month. I've seen people do their own. It only takes a bit of soapy hot water and a broom.

It's been rejected. Good. Those wheelie bins stink and are an eyesore. The sick and the elderly don't clean them. As someone said on the echo comments, a lot of houses are now converted into flats in the Southend area, with a tiny front garden. So all the different coloured bins from the different flats, would fill up the garden. Absolute eyesore. Friends in Rochford put their general rubbish in black bags indoors, and then transfer into the wheelie bin outside when full. So it's not stopping black bags anyway they say. The other thing is Foxes and Badgers. We have untold in our area. Now everyone has learnt not to leave the rubbish out overnight, and put it out in the morning instead. Problem solved. We never see a ripped bag now.

I wonder if they are now going to start to do weekly collections from Roots Hall and Boots & Laces?

I am sure we can find some old, rubbish, and past their sell by date players lying around. :Smile:

Personally I really dislike the wheelie bins - I think they are large and take up too much space and look awful but on the plus side the foxes and birds cant get into them.
Some of my neighbours put out their rubbish the night before (why I don't know because the cart doesn't come round till late morning) and by the morning the bags have been attacked by the foxes and rubbish everywhere.
I also live in a property with steps so maneuvering these bins would be difficult.

I can't say I am disappointed that we have not got these

Back