• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southend-mad.94

First XI
i saw on bbc interactive that he had been released by grimsby. For some reason i would'nt mind him to come for a trial back at us because we lack that spped and skill up top and if we cannot afford much maybe he could be worth a punt. A few years at a non-league club can do a player good and he may have matured enough to take the step back up.

It may just be me being stupid but i would like to hear everone elses thoughts on it.

I liked him. As you say he has some pace and can finish... Definitely worth a trial if he's interested

I cannot see any point in resigning him. He wasn't good enough before and his record suggests he isn't good enough now. Grimsby's chairman said that they bought a dud who was injury prone and their fans don't seem to upset to see the back of him, assuming they can get shot of him.

If we want to go up we should be trying to sign players better than we've got rather than taking a punt on someone like him.

I cannot see any point in resigning him. He wasn't good enough before and his record suggests he isn't good enough now. Grimsby's chairman said that they bought a dud who was injury prone and their fans don't seem to upset to see the back of him, assuming they can get shot of him.

If we want to go up we should be trying to sign players better than we've got rather than taking a punt on someone like him.
No one is saying we should take a punt, but he might be worth a trial because he was banging goals in for Crawley before he got a couple of serious injuries. I thought the consensus here was that he wouldn't get a chance with us and so needed to drop down to get 1st team football. He got that at Crawley and then Grimsby took him on when they were in League 2... he got a few serious injuries and his contract expired.

No one is saying we should take a punt, but he might be worth a trial because he was banging goals in for Crawley before he got a couple of serious injuries. I thought the consensus here was that he wouldn't get a chance with us and so needed to drop down to get 1st team football. He got that at Crawley and then Grimsby took him on when they were in League 2... he got a few serious injuries and his contract expired.

Grimsby signed him last year after they had been relegated from League 2 into the conference. Also he has been released with 12 months left on a 2 year contract, managing just 7 starts and 12 appearances in all last season.

I would think he'd have to prove his fitness before we'd have another look at him.

Grimsby signed him last year after they had been relegated from League 2 into the conference. Also he has been released with 12 months left on a 2 year contract, managing just 7 starts and 12 appearances in all last season.

I would think he'd have to prove his fitness before we'd have another look at him.

ahh ok my bad. Could he not prove his fitness in a trial?

ahh ok my bad. Could he not prove his fitness in a trial?

Similar position to Barnet's Izale McLeod he was free agent, record not great for a few seasons, then ended up Barnet's top scorer - surely trial material?

Similar position to Barnet's Izale McLeod he was free agent, record not great for a few seasons, then ended up Barnet's top scorer - surely trial material?

Not really McLeod was a proven goal scorer at Football League level who had moved in a deal in excess of 1 million. Ademeno is a non league player who IMO isn't good enough to step up.

Don't see the point in a trial either. If we did consider giving him a contract it would have to be on a pay as you play basis given his injury record. We're not that flush that we can afford to pay him to watch games.

With the number of free transfers around I would have thought we could find better.

Back